TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Tooth pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  04:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm up in the night with more tooth pain from my huge dentistry debacle.

As I said in previous topic post a couple of days ago, I realized that the root (!) of this pain is anger I couldn't keep up with from my divorce. Felt some of it, but there was more and my saga of dental misery was a good distraction.

Been living on painkillers for 2 weeks and 2 weeks more until I get the crowns that should solve this.

Help?

Edited by - Wavy Soul on 11/14/2006 04:17:53

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  12:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Wavy... Sorry to hear you are still in pain. Is the pain stoppin g you from doing anything? Are you pressing thru it and doing all that you want and need to ANYWAY? Did you try not to take the painkillers for 24 hours to see if you could call it out? Have you determined that it is indeed TMS pain, or is it organic from the dentistry? One "litmus" test (of sorts)I've been doing comes from Brady's book. If I have a pain, I'll sit down by myself in silence and talk to it and ask it to move somewhere else in my body-at least 6 inches away from the original spot. If it moves ... aha--I tell it to get the bleep out!!! and that I'm onto it.

>|< Penny
Non illigitamus carborundum.
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  22:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Penny - I needed some attention here on this.

Yes, pushing through. Yes, have tried no painkillers and have been talking to the pain and have found emotional issues it's connected to. But it hasn't gone away and I think that probably after 16 teeth have been filed down for 8 hours surgery and whole jaw is traumatized, pain is normal.

I think it's real "organic" pain as you call it, plus my psyche is using it for its usual purposes, and I'm having to look at my whole dental saga as something I set up, on one level, to distract me from lingerinng rage from divorce + dad's death and life so far, etc.

At this point I'm so on this TMS thing that I will return from the dead if I think my death is just something I'm usiing as a distraction.

But mouth and jaw pain in several teeth simultaneously ain't no joke. After 30 years with chronic and acute pain, now much better thanks to all that's stuff, I have to say that tooth pain is in a category that can make you want to die NOW. Also, cannot eat solid food.

I took codeine a couple of hours ago, and just took some Tylenol and am going too try again to sleep.

So the issue that came up for me around this pain was WHO IS TAKING CARE OF MEE!!!

Thanks for motherly concern, Penny

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  01:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time with your teeth right now. I agree that tooth pain can be some of the worst to cope with. You just can't think about anything else when it gets really bad.

I definitely relate to the issue of "Who's taking care of me?" That's probably a big one for quite a few of us. It seems like there's always someone else whose needs overshadow my own needs. I just read an article that suggests women set aside a 4 hour block of time each week for themselves. That can be hard to do when you're responsible for children or other dependents, but it did make me realize that I tend to tell myself that there will be time for me to meet my own needs and desires down the road when I should be making some quality time for myself now.

It's interesting that you mention both a divorce and your dad's death, because those were two events that caused me to feel intense abandonment issues and anger/emotional pain. It's good that you've found the connection between that and physical symptoms, even though the tooth pain is probably a natural result of the dental work.

Hope your mouth will be feeling better before too long--let us know how things go for you.
Go to Top of Page

MikeJ

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  02:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh! Tooth pain is one of the worst pain you can have - I only have a mild cavity and those sharp shooting pain I get when I use the left side to chew solid food makes me want to cringe. So I'm sorry to hear the pain is persisting. Ouch! At least you know what it's trying to distract you from.

I honestly believe Wavy is actually some kind of superhuman in disguise (hence the name Wavy Soul), I just don't think most people realize that. Seriously, what she's doing is awesome and I hope most people are aware that she's helping a lot of people despite her nagging tooth pain. If I haven't this publicly yet, then I'll say it now; you rock. I hope you'll take enough time to take care of yourself and get as much help from others as you can. You deserve a break!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000