TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS help please!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

turvey

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  22:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I have TMS but I am still not sure. I have had heaps of tests including all types of blood, adominal CT, Ultrasound, colonscopy and small bowel series. All have showed up nothing at all. I started off have stomach cramps and lost heaps of weight. AFter a couple of months I started getting frequent urination and testicle pain. Now things appear to be changing again, I am feeling like I am going to vomit but I dont and I feel quit nausous. A week ago the testicle pain started to go away (it is still there a little) but now I have this pins and needles in my left foot that does not go away. What do people think?

Turvey

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  06:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once cannot make a dx on the internet, but all the symptoms you have mentioned have also been menitoned in Sarno's book. Testicular pain should be checked out, of course, but it is a common TMS equivelant.

I would suggest you read the pyschology sections in Dr. Sarno's books and see if you fit the personality profile. I know that fear is a nasty beast that can impede progress, but you must battle it as best you can using the suggestions by Sarno and many of the people on this message board who have conquered their pain.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  06:47:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may not be the typical TMS answer, but my advice would be, if you can afford it, to exhaustively pursue the possibility of a physical condition or problem. Go to your doctors and have all the tests -- blood tests, urine tests, MRIs, EMGs, whatever they want. The reason is that without those tests there will always be part of your mind wondering whether what you have is MS, etc., and that will interfere with your TMS treatment. The TMS treatment does not work unless you fully and completely accept that your symptoms are mindbody symptoms, not the result of some physical or structural cause. I don't think I would have accepted TMS as the answer if I had started there at the outset of my symptoms. It is only after fruitlessly pursuing a conventional medical diagnosis for many months that I was finally "ready" to accept the TMS diagnosis in my mind. Also, no one on this board can really diagnose you accurately, and even Sarno, Brady, et al tell people to get a complete medical workup first before pursuing TMS.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  06:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

Here is the dark side of your otherwise sound advice. The doctors who make these tests do not know about TMS and yet may find physiologial changes in the body and attribute the pain to those changes. The patient then begins to believe that he/she does indeed have a physical problem and now they have "proof." The diagnosis of herniated discs is a classic example of what I am talking about. There is a physical change but it is not the source of the pain even though the doctor says it is.

Yes, get things checked out, be careful....
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  09:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by turvey

I have had heaps of tests including all types of blood, adominal CT, Ultrasound, colonscopy and small bowel series.
Turvey

If there were something MAJORLY anatonicaly wrong with you, the tests you have taken, would probably have uncovered them. So, that probably leaves TMS as your answer. Now you have to do some homework and read Sarno.

In his work, THE MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION, I believe it's on page 26, there is the Rahe/Holmes list of about 43 of life's most stressful transitional situations that cause psycholgical stress and can be the likely sources of TMS dis-ease. That's a good starting point to convince you that your symptoms are emotionaly rooted.

It should take several reads to penetrate your unconscious to gain relief on a cellular level...after-all it may bave taken your mind a life-time to develop the thought patterns that create the TMS conditioning causing your symptoms.

I don't know of any TMS docs in OZ--there are darn few on the the planet. You don't need to be dx'ed by one, but it helps to reinforce that it isn't physical. But you've already pretty much done that. If it's deeply seated, you may need some psychotherapy.

It seems that there has been a flurry of Aussies here recently. What's going on down-under? I've always heard that it was like the US in the 50's. Maybe you've caught up and are like the US in the 70's...which were quite turbulent. The world is getting smaller and it's just a half day plane flight to any of the world TMS capitals.

Perhaps the ethnic tensions exemplified with your beach riots and not feeling safe traveling on vacations to Bali could be the cause, but just speculating.

Good Luck Mate,
TT

Edited by - tennis tom on 10/16/2006 16:08:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000