TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Quote from T.S. Eliot :
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  10:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a nice quote from T.S. Eliot sent to me by my tennis buddy Lefty down in the desert:

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  10:27:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey TT,
Love TS Elliot..He has always been one of my favorites..esp. the one about going to the woods to discover he has truly lived..thanks for sharing this..:)
Karen
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  15:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is an article that opens with the T.S. Eliot quote that may be of interest to readers:

Growing Towards Wholeness Through Grief: The Journey of the Wounded Child Within

see: http://www.creativegrowth.com/teresa.htm
Go to Top of Page

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  15:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TT, what a fitting quote, I love it.

Shawnsmith, I really can't thank you enough for posting the link to that amazing article. Having been raised by a mentally ill mother and a father whose own mother was also mentally ill, it is so very helpful. I printed it out to share with my best friend, whose childhood was even crazier than mine. I at least had some sense of off-and-on support and love, while she never had any at all. As I read through it I made the connection between all of the people who've loved me, in their own ways, but couldn't give me what I wanted and needed from them, and I finally understand why I always feel so disconnected and alone. And I can cry, without being afraid or ashamed of doing so or feeling like it's just a waste of time and energy. That's a really big breakthrough for me.

Best regards to all,

Corey
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  12:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawnsmith, thanks so much for posting that link. It was exactly what I needed to read today.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  17:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn, thanks for finding and sharing that amazing link. I was perusing the entire site and found another awesome article about accessing and using anger, which is going to help me a lot.
http://www.creativegrowth.com/ralph2.htm

>|< Penny
Non illigitamus carborundum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000