TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Week One
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

floorten

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  13:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So my first week of tackling TMS has now passed. It's been pretty eventful from a symptoms point of view. I must have had almost every single possible TMS pain, all in quick succession over the last two or three days.

I've had foot pain, ankle pain, shoulder pain, back pain, headaches, gastro pains, buttock pains, thigh pains, RSI pains... everything! Some of these lasted no longer than 5 minutes and then vanished. Some were even just one-off short, sharp stabs.

Also my usual confinement of symtoms to my right hand side has stopped. Now things are popping up equally on both sides!

Today I had a particularly nasty spasm in my foot come on out of the blue. I'm feeling quite proud because I got rid of it by telling myself it was TMS, and by focussing on a repressed negative feeling that came up with it. And it passed in about 10 minutes!

Is it normal that your symptoms flare up a lot quicker and in quick succession, once you begin work on TMS? I'm presuming this is my brain testing all possible sites for hiding the feelings physically, and seeing if I'll buy into any of them (which obviously I won't).

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."
Robert Anton Wilson

painintheneck

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  13:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OH this is exactly the issue I am dealing with today and asked similar questions. I am having a multitude of changes today. The one main symptom has gone but others I have dealt with are coming right now bad.
Go to Top of Page

Jim1999

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  22:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by floorten

Today I had a particularly nasty spasm in my foot come on out of the blue. I'm feeling quite proud because I got rid of it by telling myself it was TMS, and by focussing on a repressed negative feeling that came up with it. And it passed in about 10 minutes!

Is it normal that your symptoms flare up a lot quicker and in quick succession, once you begin work on TMS? I'm presuming this is my brain testing all possible sites for hiding the feelings physically, and seeing if I'll buy into any of them (which obviously I won't).
Congratulations on your quick recovery from the foot spasm!

It is fairly common symptoms to change in quick succession for patients using Dr. Sarno's treatment. He mentions this on page 94 of Healing Back Pain. I'm pretty sure it's also mentioned in Mindbody Prescription.

I've experienced the quick succession of symptoms, but not after a single week of treatment. It probably took me 3 or 4 weeks. It sounds like you're making very good progress for your first week.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

floorten

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  06:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey that's great news, thanks Jim!

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."
Robert Anton Wilson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic