TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS and dentistry?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  07:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd really like to discuss this. I've had some pretty freak experiences with dentistry throughout my life.

Dentistry seems so "real."

I'll post what happened if people want to talk about it.

Love is the answer, whatever the question

johnnyg

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  16:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed correlations between various TMS pains and problems related to my jaw and teeth. I've never related it so much to dentistry as a profession. I'm curious to hear your story.
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  18:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a fear of dentistry, and I think I am not alone in this. I also had a dentist reccomend unnecessary dental gum surgery, that I fortunately avoided, and changed dentists. I believe the fear of dentists could cause symptoms for some.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  21:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cracked up today in the hot-tub; the latest news from the mercury-phobes is that gortex has mercury in it, where will it turn up next?--in thermometers?
Go to Top of Page

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  21:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I thought I had a pretty emotionally traumatic experiences with my old-school orthodontist when I was a kid. He filed my front teeth down to make them even or some bs and wound up exposing a nerve or something. Very scary and then my teeth were sensitive to cold for a long time after (until further dental intervention, in fact, i got bonding put over it).

I also remember when I was kid always being concerned that one of my adult teeth was going to fall out. I would wiggle them around and it felt like it was moving too much, and that made me anxious and scared.

Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  06:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe some tooth pains could be from TMS. I had my fillings replaced about 3 months ago, and was having problems. Someone told me to oil swish, and I believe that helped a lot. Oil swishing or pulling is taking sesame oil or sunflower oil and swishing it in your mouth for 15-20 minutes, then spitting it out. If your interested make sure you read this before you start.

www.oilpulling.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000