TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS and sore eyes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pianoshrnk

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  22:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suffered from fibromyalgia several years ago - read Dr. Sarno's books and had great success in managing symptoms. Recently, I've had a few of those weird aches and pains but also a new distressing symptom - sore eyes - opthamologist said my eyes looked great (internally and externally) but they are driving me nuts. Has anyone else with symptoms of TMS experienced sore eyes? (sounds a little crazy, I know)

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  23:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If vision is a concern for you, may I recommed books by Dr. Robert-Michael Kaplan. The two I have read a while ago and I found very useful for vision/VISION were:

SEEING WITHOUT GLASSES and THE POWER BEHIND YOUR EYES

I feel they are compatible with TMS theory and deal with non-invasive methods of maintaing and improving vision without constantly incresaing eyeglass prescription strengths. In fact his methods can decrease lens strengths.

He deals with emotional issues that effect vision. To my recollection Dr. Kaplan's vision parallels what Dr. Sarno professes.
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  01:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piano,
I have had two onsets of Iritis, one many years ago and one just recently. Both in the same eye, and very nasty. I ended up getting a needle injected into my eye........that was fun! They (the doctors) say people who get Iritis usually have backpain......and (as we know) people who get backpain usually have TMS. I'm a firm believererer that eye issues can very much be emotional issues. I have also cured myself of backpain once before. According to the quacks, Iritis is caused by a blood cell (HLAB27) 50% of people who have Iritis have this cell and 50% don't, also 3% of the normal population also have this cell........so of course with ridiculously convincing stats like that it MUST be caused by that particular cell. Or another way to read it is, "we is got no idea what HLAB27 does, and no idea why Iritis is caused........so obviously they're related......somehow.......yeah?" Hmmmm. I'll back TT, go the emotional path and forget the doctors, quacks, turkeyburgers.......whatever you want to call em.

Edited by - Darko on 10/05/2006 01:51:58
Go to Top of Page

Jeff

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  06:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may also have something as simple as blepharitis, which happens to many people as they get older. You can look this up on the Internet, but I believe it is essentially bacteria on your eyelids. It creates the symptoms of dry eyes, grittiness, itching, etc. I had this some months ago, and I treated it successfully with topical ointments. Now I make sure to clean my eyes every morning, and it has not come back. However, your eye doctor should be able to diagnose this.
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  06:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah - I often wake up with sore eyes. It's often connected with my millions of other symptoms like migraine.

There is great freedom in the TMS approach for me. So much less to think about. I'd say don't think about it - after all that's the technique here, not finding out more and more about sore eyes... been there, done that.

g'luck matey

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

pianoshrnk

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  07:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pianoshrnk

I suffered from fibromyalgia several years ago - read Dr. Sarno's books and had great success in managing symptoms. Recently, I've had a few of those weird aches and pains but also a new distressing symptom - sore eyes - opthamologist said my eyes looked great (internally and externally) but they are driving me nuts. Has anyone else with symptoms of TMS experienced sore eyes? (sounds a little crazy, I know)

Go to Top of Page

pianoshrnk

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  07:51:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you everyone There is magic in shared experience!
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  09:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
...opthamologist said my eyes looked great (internally and externally)...

You are taking the correct TMS steps Pianoshrnk, eliminating the obvious structural, physical possibilites...that leaves TMS to explore.
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  04:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had very sore eyes and an eye doctor said it was dry eye. I know for sure this was TMS equavilent because it is gone now. Also it came on whwn I was at my worst with back issues, all before I knew about TMS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000