TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Newcomer to the forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tmsnewcomer

1 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  22:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i came to know about tms forum thru my husband . i read dr sarno roughly 5years back and i guess it was quite an awakening for me coz tms is one thing that everybody goes thru in their life whether its a student, homemaker ,or a profesional. when i was a student i used to have lots of tensions before my exams , may be lots of expectations from my own self, i used to feel tightness in my neck . i have realised one thing people who are hyperactive, overly sensitive , overly energertic(are really patients of TMS, which includes me) i realise my trigger points, when i m reactive to critism , i defend myself by arguing , or im angry for petty things on my maid , i feel weakness in my body( i guess all of my energy goes in that) , im trying to fight my anger but beleive its not easy. dr sarno says u realise ur trigger points and understand that tms is just a temperory phase , ( we all know its body mechanism ) .i know my weakness or what triggers TMS but then what should i do , should i let symptoms of TMS come and effect me everytime i get angry on someone, or just thinking its a temperory phase and let it go?it would be nice to read what others have to say, whether they also go thru the same phase.

ndb

209 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  20:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think if you explore the unconscious anger you have,and allow youself to feel that anger, then your getting angry at someone need not be a trigger for symptoms. Please read the book 'mindbody prescription' thoroughly, carefully (absorbing and understanding each sentence) and many times. You will find the answers to your questions there.

ndb
Go to Top of Page

turtle23

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I am still new to TMS, but one thing I have found most helpful is every time I feel the pain physically I bring my awareness to how I am feeling. It takes a while sometimes to identify what I am feeling, but it seems to be helpful in dissipating the pain (I have had severe back pain for about 7 years on and off). One thing I have come to realize is how hard on myself I am. Hopefully, I can reduce my self-criticism, but it hasn't seemed necessary to gain relief from my physical symptoms. Just being aware of how I am feeling seems to have helped immensely.

Good luck to you!
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  14:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turtle, that's exactly Sarno's main tenet. We don't have to stop feeling how we do, but rather become aware of it. Then there's no need for repression, and therefore no need for distraction by physical symptoms.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000