TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I just fired my chiropractor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

weatherman

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  20:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

chiropractors are liars, period. No exceptions

That seems a bit dogmatic. There are some chiros who work the system, but the one I'd gone to ABSOLUTELY believed in what he was doing. He's a serious amateur rodeo rider, so has some personal experience with pain. He was also skilled, in the sense of very consistently getting a good (usually placebo in my opinion) response from people. For many people, a placebo response may be as good as it gets, and in those cases it's better than nothing. For me, the chiro at least kept me active for several years, when God knows what damage an orthopedic could have done with surgery OR bad advice. As the saying goes, never let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Compared to orthopedics, I would call chiro "good." Orthopedics is pretty much useless unless there is a traumatic physical injury that needs to be repaired, or deterioration warranting a joint replacement (I think I'm showing some of my own biases here).

Most of us on this board agree that the TMS theory is the best explanation for lots of pain or we wouldn't be here. Chiro is not the answer for me. But, if someone else is satisfied by where they get to on a different path I'll try not to rain on their parade.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  08:58:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does not seem dogmatic, it is dogmatic. I am a hardcore 1000% Sarno-ite. Take no prisoners.

Sarno-ize it!
Read chapter 4 of Dr. Sarno's "The Divided Mind." It's all you need to know in order to recover.
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  09:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shawnsmith

chiropractors are liars, period. No exceptions

Yes, this statement is dogmatic. I had a chiropractor who constantly told me "You are stronger than you think you are" and by that, helped me apply Sarno's treatment methods. Does that sound like a liar?

He was a true healer, and always asked me what was going on in my life. Now, who does that sound like.

If it was me, I would avoid making these narrow minded, bitter, extreme, one size fits all statements, lest I be not taken seriously anymore.

Shawn, what changed your mind about not leaving the board after all.
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  18:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"chiropractors are liars, period. No exception"

I love the maturity of thought displayed here :-)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000