TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS in Hawaii (dizziness)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chingborden

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  17:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have been skimming these pages for a while now and reading a lot of posts that sound so much like me. I have read the books, made my lists but feel I possibly need more. I have been un-balanced (equilibrium) for five months now. My greatest cue that this was a mind issue and not a body one was that the dizziness came on the night of the anniversary of my daughter's stroke which she had the year before when she was three days old. As I read the Sarno books I realized that so much of what I've dealt with in my life has been TMS or equivalents. So, I'm ready to take the next step and get some help, however I'm limited by my location. So, I am desperately reaching out to see if anyone has any leads for me to follow in Hawaii (Oahu). There are no listings in the directories (Tarpit etc...)and flying to CA is not a realistic goal in the near future. It has been helpful to read up on the posts, especially the ones where people have overcome their dizziness. It's been torture. I'm ready to be over it. I want my life back!
Thank,
Courtney

chingborden

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  20:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello! I don't know of anyone in your area for help, but I talked to Don Dubin in L.A., for four sessions, and he helped me immensely.
A good friend of mine has had back, neck, hip pain(and a hip replacement), and now he has vertigo, dizziness, and knee pain. I am sure his symptoms are related. Dr.Dubin is listed on tarpit yoga, and mindbodymedicine.com
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  08:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Believe me, you're not any more isolated from Mainland TMS help than the rest of us. I have yet to physically see a practitioner because there isn't one near me in SW Florida, although one in Central Florida.

If I could get well without seeing a TMS Dr., anybody can.

The Don Dubin suggestion is very good, and I would also order Dr. Schecters Audio tapes.

I remember going through a time when I was desperate to find a TMS doctor. Looking back now, that seems so irrational, but I understand the need to hear it from a "professional". Believe me, you don't need it to get well.

If you've been checked out by doctor's in HI, and they haven't found a reasonable cause for your equilibrium problems, than its TMS, and you're doing all the right things. Just keep on doing it.

Regards,

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  09:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Courtney,

I agree with Beth's reply. If your doc says you do not have a serious condition, then don't let your location get in your way. You can do this. Many who have recovered from TMS are self diagnosed without seeing a TMS doc.

It could be that your challenging family schedule does not give you an opportunity to get some quiet time to do your TMS work. That's pretty common as well. Maybe try to figure out a way to get some time to yourself so you can take a deep breath and think.

If you need some help examining your feelings to get you started on your way a TMS-friendly psychotherapist may help if you think you have some significant hidden underlying event in your life that is being repressed. Remember from Dr. Sarno's books that a lot of little repressions can also cause TMS, so there is not necessarily one big thing that is the underlying cause. I would suggest you try again on your own.

One thing that helps is to stop fighting the symptoms, and stop blaming yourself for this condition. Remember, its not your fault your brain is wired this way.

Its Not Your Fault Courtney!!

The good news is that you can beat this and there are thousands before you that have done so.

Take care, -Stryder
Go to Top of Page

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  18:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Courtney, Oh, you poor love. I'm so sorry about your daughter. I can only imagine the stress and desperation you went through.

You are in a great place here, and you have all the tools within you to get better. The fact that you are ready to take your life back is HUGE!!!! and BRAVE!!!!! and a bang-on attitude to promote recovery. The fact that you have already seen a pattern in your illness is GIGANTIC too!

I had vertigo and lost my vision during an intense spell of--what I know now to be--TMS. I didn't get a personal doc to Dx me, I found Sarno's books thru another fibromyalgia book, and saved my life.

What books are you reading? By lists, what do you mean? Are you journaling?

>|< Penny

Non illigitamus carborundum.
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  09:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little slow, but I just got Penny's Non Illigitamus Carborundum reference. LOL.

Thanks, Penny, I needed that.

Beth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000