TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Muscle twitches?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mhr74

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  14:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever get muscle or whatever twitches, not really painful but more like fluttering sensations. Sometimes with visible movements of their muscles? These just popped up after a year and a half of TMS, right after I really started working harder on self issues and self treatment.

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  14:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I have in various places in the body. My least favorite is the under eye lid. Now that's freaky!!! They usually don't last for very long but kind of weird while there. I do not enjoy them that's for sure.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  14:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I ignore them. -Stryder
Go to Top of Page

lilykins

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  15:50:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes. And I second the eyelid thing. In fact, last month, I had several weeks where my eye itself seemed to twitch or feel strange. Very uncomfortable, that's for sure! Actually, I have had numerous TMS equivalents lately, including acne, so I think that was one too. I ignored it or told it to go away and it did eventually.
Go to Top of Page

wrldtrv

666 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  22:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure. For me, related to stress. I don't often get them but when I do it is always stress-related.
Go to Top of Page

mhr74

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  08:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input. Those twitches have been more frequent, and yeah I got the "eyelid" (to go along with some allergic conjuctivits which is probly TMS too). Disturbing. :)
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  07:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I have gotten these even the other day...They happen after a pain or neuro episode in my neck...I was told they were the nerve finding it's proper pathway again...But that sounds a bit too medical..I believe they are harmless...albeit a little scary...I have had them in my foot, my neck, fingers, etc...and still get them...
God bless,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  14:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a previous string on the topic of twitches:

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1577

You can find more by searching for the word twitch in using the search function of the forum.

I very rarely get all over body twitching now but I often have weeks worth of one eyelid twitching. It's amazing that when I have to work on a certain recurring project at work I am guaranteed to get the eyelid twitch until the deadline is reached. I have even had a twitch come on for a few minutes in a staff meeting when the scheduling of the next project was discussed - only to stop when we moved onto the next topic. It didn't start twitching again until I actually began working on the project a week or so later.

It's amazing how specific TMS can be. I mean I get stressed about heaps of things but this eyelid twitch has really latched itself on to one specific stressor.

Tunza

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000