TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Cyst
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  11:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a cyst in my gum. dentist says it is from a root canal I had years ago. He gave me three options, removal of the tooth, a root canal (50% success rate), and surgical removal. I have been taking a lot of vitamin c and e and also oregano oil. It went down in size and I was thinking to continue doing what I have been doing. But, sometimes it gets bigger, then it will decrease. I saw in one of Loiuse Hay's books where a cyst can be psychosomatic, so I wonder if it could be an aspect of TMS. Any thoughts, suggestions? I am totally open to supplements, as well.

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  13:47:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister just had the identical prognosis with a tooth. She opted for a root canal to save the tooth with a series of antibiotics and it worked out great. Infections in teeth are so very localized that I can't believe they are tms. I have had similar cysts before root canals. After the procedure they always went away. I think if you eradicate the source of infection, you have a good chance of saving your tooth.
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  09:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I'll try and do the root canal first. he gave me a 50/50. The dentist told me the cyst was from a previous root canal on the same tooth. I guess the procedure shouldn't be as bad this time, since the nerve is dead. Thanks for the reply.
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  12:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe what you need done is called an "apicoectomy". I had one done about ten years ago. With me, it was from a previously root-canaled tooth which grew a small new nerve root over the years that the tooth was supposedly "dead". Once this happens, you get a bubble or a cyst at the location of the infection that's formed and it's a true infection, don't mistake it for TMS. Get it fixed ASAP.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000