TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 coughing tightening neck
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  19:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I know this sounds funny but the other day I almost choked to death on a sardine..I coughed violently just to breathe again...The neck isn't happy...I want so bad for it to just be TMS and not from the tightening i did when i had the coughing fit...It seems to be worse today...This happened the other day...I have major stress going on both in a good way and in a bad way..Big changes on the horizon and dealing w/ alot of emotions all around me...I want to be happy and joyous but I feel sad and scared..The pain is going into the hand and down the arm and i lost more ROM again..I had just gone back to the gym..I also hurt my knee a bit, for real..but it's healing..Have been stuck in the house again for days, didn't even get out of my PJ's..Very frustrating and depressing...

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  05:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Singer_Artist

I want so bad for it to just be TMS and not from the tightening i did when i had the coughing fit...It seems to be worse today...This happened the other day...I have major stress going on both in a good way and in a bad way.

Hey, we all know what this means, right? It got worse the next day. real brusing, muscle stress, etc. is right away, then it fades. Granted choking is emotionally upsetting at the time it happens, too. The whole life flashing before eyes feeling can set in! Still, it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate in terms of stress right now (based on your other posts). TMS, guaranteed.

I'm going through some life changes right now, and I've been shocked at my body's insistance on making up never-before-seen symptoms, but we've got crafty brains I guess.

Be well. You can do the things that make you feel better. I believe in you!

Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  07:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Singer_Artist

...I want so bad for it to just be TMS and not from the tightening i did when i had the coughing fit...

Sigh ... you're just not there yet.

Until you are able to accept that your neck is strong and cannot be injured by natural acts such as coughing or turning your head "too fast" then I'm afraid you will still be prone to neck attacks.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  19:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Carbar for your encouragement..Hugs to you!
I always appreciate your input Dave, thank you...
~Karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000