TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pain Breakthrough!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  09:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
I just wanted to report on what happened to me yesterday. I have been in a pain flare up now for 4 weeks. It has mostly been in my sciatic/hip and occasionally in my upper back ( a new location for me). I have been journalling and reading Sarno's Healing Back Pain very deliberately and slowly every day.
Yesterday, I went to stand in line for my boss at the DMV, with the intention that I would call him when I got to the front of the line and he would cone directly. It was boiling hot and when I got to the front of the line and called him, he did not appear. I had to keep letting people go before me and soon everybody got wind of what I was doing and jumped in front of me. My boss arrived and asked what was going on and was furious with the situation as now he would have to wait. Now it was 90 degrees in the sun and I had been standing there for 35 minutes.
I got in my car and felt really annoyed with my boss. My immediate reaction was just to shrug it off and turn to something else. But I suddenly realized that I needed to feel the anger and express it. I yelled out loud in my car and really sat in it for about 5 minutes!'
When I got back to the office, by about an hour later I realized that the nagging sciatica pain had gone totally. I was amazed! It has still gone today. I woke up and felt it try and move around a bit in both hips, but then I just laughed it off.
All I can deduct from this is that I need to start really feeling emotions and must be an expert at repressing them.

I have also been exercising regardless of the pain. I believe that the trick is not to pay attention to it if one can.
The only thing I am noticing this morning is that I am a bit dizzy after my coffee - something I never get. I am wondering if this is the TMS trying to go somewhere else now. I will just ignore it

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  11:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suz,

At the end of your post you mention feeling "a bit dizzy which I never get..." Dizziness has been my problem for a little over two years. If it continues, do get it checked out. Then, read what Sarno says in his book about dizziness. After two years of basically going nowhere with doctors, I determined that my dizziness was TMS. I then had it validated by David Schechter, M.D. and am currently seeing psychologist Don Dubin to help sort out why I get this lightheaded, floaty feeling throughout the day. Dizziness sucks so hope it passes quickly for you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000