TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Heart symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bfischer

1 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  09:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I discover Dr. Sarno's book 7 weeks ago. I am beginning to think that TMS has had a huge impact on my life. Nine years ago(I'm 43) I started randomly passing out. It took 6 years, thousands of dollars, a heart ablation and finally an implanted heart monitor to determine that I was having pauses (about 20 seconds) in my heart beat. I now have a pacemaker and take a pill to keep my blood pressure up. There is nothing wrong with my heart. The problem appears to be a simple, unprovoked vaso-vagal reaction. After I got the pacemaker I started having back pain and eventually had a hysterectomy because the cause was diagnosed as fibroid tumors. Two weeks after surgery (two years ago) I fell down the steps and have had cronic butt and leg pain since. I have spent a fortune on doctors and chiropractors. Now I think all of these problems are TMS. Since I read Dr. Sarno's book, my back is better. Not healed, but better. I have the classic personality charactaristics of a TMS sufferer. Has anyone else experienced strange heart symptoms?

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  13:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heart palpatations -- extra beats -- that I attribute to TMS. Once (during a stressful time in my life) I had them continuously, every few seconds. I now know that it is TMS.

Long pauses in heartbeat is scary; I suppose it is possible to be TMS but I'm not so sure. The purpose of TMS is to serve as a distraction. TMS symptoms can be very painful and scary, but are generally benign. Nevertheless it is a good observation that the back pain started after your pacemaker; with your heartbeat problem solved, your brain needed a new distraction.

Seems like you're on the right track. Don't expect to be "healed" simply by reading Dr. Sarno's book. That's only the beginning. Fighting TMS is about changing your thought patterns permanently, for the long term. Once the honeymoon is over, it typically takes months to achieve substantial relief.
Go to Top of Page

bernard

8 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  16:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have developed buttock pain, leg pain and heart arrhythmias I think you should visit a rheumatologist, just to be safe there is nothing serious.

Probably it is nothing important but check it out.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  23:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had "extra" heart beats and heart palpitations but nothing that would warrant seeing a doctor. A couple of weeks ago I had severe chest pain which radiated to my neck. My husband wanted to take me to the ER but I had had a really stressful day and thought I would be fine. My brother-in-law, a physician, told me that it sounded stress related and that if I was having a heart attack I would know it. Get it checked out and if everything is okay, try Dr. Sarno's approach. My husband is reallly stressed out right now due to some changes in his job and he has been getting chest pain. He had an echocardiogram and stress test and the docs say he's fine, that it's "stress." Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

kenny V

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  07:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you have developed buttock pain, leg pain and heart arrhythmias I think you should visit a rheumatologist, just to be safe there is nothing serious.

Probably it is nothing important but check it out.

quote:
A couple of weeks ago I had severe chest pain which radiated to my neck. My husband wanted to take me to the ER but I had had a really stressful day and thought I would be fine.
My brother-in-law, a physician, told me that it sounded stress related and that if I was having a heart attack I would know it.

These are the very reasons that you should Not continue to go somewhere else so someone can find something else.
Of corse rule out something serious, but you have just described that you already have done that only to get more diagnoses.”Hey”! I met a man with over nine surgeries in four different places of his body. He no longer works; his full time job is being obsessed on his pain and anxiety, and is planning for two more surgeries. That is our problem we continue to guess (with worry) and dig, with the expectation to find something to make a connection, and I think you have already made one.

Bfisher
Everything you described is classic TMS, haven’t heard a better reason nor personal story that has led a person to make a connection with their health history in such a short time.

It seems you already know what has happened to in the past before even doing the work of TMS, spending time in journaling. It is interesting how one manifestation led right into another.

We all know our bodies will tell us something when it is wrong. So running to 10 other doctors is opposing to doing the work of TMS. Now is the best time to start. Of course Now that you have a pacemaker you need to take care and get proper medical attention for its function. Maybe possible once you kicked this TMS’s but, have it removed.

Now if you want to get in touch with someone who has much of the experience you are describing e-mail Farmer ED on this forum. You will find his name in the member section. He is a very knowledgeable man and we have talked personally at lengths. He is a farmer, working long hours, so it might take a day or two to get back to you. I believe he will be able to help you and be able to share some information that you are looking for.

Welcome to TMS land, Good luck
God bless
Kenny V

Always Hope For Recovery
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000