TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Advice please-Uncovering the past
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  12:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I started writing my list as suggested on p.146 in the Mindbody prescription. I am starting with my earliest memories and working my way up. I am writing everything out in as much detail as I can remember. My memories truely start at the age of 7. After I started my list (made it to page 4 and decided to let it rest for another day) my shoulder blades and upper back were killing me. They were sore the rest of the day. I know I can write more and longer than that without pain. So I am thinking that I almost hit on a hot spot but couldn't quite remember it. Any suggestions on how to unleash lost memories? There are other things in my life (my primary doctor even asked me) that suggest possible abuse but I really don't think I was abused. If (and that's a BIG IF, I were it most likely would be prior to 7. yes I have valid reasons for this age). Any advice or suggestions would be great and highly appreciated.

Hugs,
Ali Cat

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  19:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ali Cat,
I am not sure that you really have to get to exactly what is buried in your unconscious to have relief...Dr. Sarno says you don't have to know the content in there, just that hidden rage, etc. exists and so your brain (subconscious) is trying to distract you w/ physical pains so you don't experience what is down there...After my second therapy session I felt alot worse that night..and everyone said it was normal...and temporary...Try to focus on the fact that the whole TMS process is happening, rather then trying to figure out what happened when you were 7 or b4...I was physically abused and sexually once by the neighbor..that is in my consciousness...There might be more that I cannot remember..>But I am not going to worry about uncovering it all, that would be too much..I am just trying to STOP my brain from attacking me with the acute neck TMS...Hope this helps a bit..
Hugs back,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  12:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Karen I will try that too but it seems if I am clueless what's there that I can't know what emotion to get rid of or is that just me? Maybe I am just not getting something. I am new to this though so it's very possible.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  12:41:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ali Cat,
Dr. Sarno says it's not important to necessarily get to exactly what emotions you have hidden in your unconscious mind that is firing the TMS...It is only important to acknowledge they are down there and they are wreaking havoc with your body via the TMS and your subconscious mind...So it's more like as he says "Knowledge is Power.." Just by becoming aware of the whole process of TMS and knowing that your own brain (subconscious) is just trying to DISTRACT you from the painful emotions in your (unconscious) should help thrawt the whole thing..That explains the book cures..ie..people reading his books and just getting well..They didn't have to go to psychotherapy to get better...just the mere knowledge of what was going on and that it was NOT a physical thing cured them..I am not so lucky...I am in that 20 percent who has deeper issues and needs to see a TMS psychotherapist which I am via phone consults...Hope this helps...
Hugs and God bless,
~Karen
Go to Top of Page

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  13:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do the phone consults work? and how much do they cost? I am hoping I can do it on my own but if I too have something buried deep there may come a time where I need some help too. I am going to try and watch his video lecture, I am a more visual/audio type person. I hope it works. I had mris done this morning to rule out structual damage. I can't straighten my legs all the way, both knees are stuck at angles. I didn't sleep much at all worrying about the test. I find out results on the 20th. Mighty long time to wait I tell ya.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  16:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't straigten my right knee for the longest time after the injury, ALi Cat..I empathize with you...Let's pray the MRI is A-ok..but even if it isn't...remember..the body HEALS very well...and we can keep working on the TMS issues too! Don Dubin is 150 dollars a session on the telephone...He is a TMS expert who lives in Beverly Hills..won't be able to go much longer until i sell another painting...
Hugs,
karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000