TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Walked 30 minutes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  12:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is maddening, but quite fascinating to watch...I had a break through this morning re. my neck TMS...I went on a 30 minute walk with my roomie and 2 dogs, it was glorious..I also didn't wear ear plugs fearing someone would beep and I would jump through my skin and tighten my neck more...The neck seemed to be happy w/ the walk, however, it is starting it's pattern of 'getting worse as the day goes on..." and i am fighting it...I am going to have my roomie bring me to the gym now just to do lower body...although...the TMS is also wanted to move to my KNEE...how appropriate after the long walk...! How frustrating as well..Saturday I stood in one place longer then i have in a long time and was concerned about the knee...Hmmm..that was my first mistake, being concerned about it..Yes I did REALLY injure it BAD last year...It swelled up like a balloon after falling into a cement curb...BUT...the BODY HEALS and i have had months of being pain free and working out too...My muscles never came back all the way in that leg, still need work..BUT..any pain i have there is from TMS, I must tell myself this! My brain wants me to think "Oh, it's cuz you never strenthened your hamstrings/quads enough and so it's weaker then the other leg..and you pushed it walking 30 minutes!" But NO NO NO...i won't let it do that to me...Amazing how the TMS moves around the harder you work on destroying it once and for all...IT will be interesting to see how tonight is after I push myself to the gym and maybe even a movie...I can't move my neck much at all in most directions yet, and not at all looking up...BUT...I know i am getting well...And i am doing the work, for real...Really thinking about WHAT IS ON MY MIND emotionally...It's the 4th and it brings back some positive childhood memories...But that is bittersweet...cuz my folks are gone for 16 yrs now and my family is not there for me...It's not like it used to be,,,the fun BBQ's in the backyard back in NJ and the Jersey shore...I am stuck here in the hot and dry desert...w/ all the life's pressures that put me in this position i am in still some 5 weeks ago...BUT I AM HEALING AND I AM HEALED and I will learn more about myself and God/Jesus and life itself from this experience then ever b4...ALL THINGS COME TOGETHER FOR GOOD! Hoping you all have a wonderful 4th of July...
God bless and hugs,
Karen

jrnythpst

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  14:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean about the knee and thinking about it making it hurt worse. The few times recently mine didn't hurt so bad I would realize and then worry about hurting it and bingo the pain would be there gain.

On another note what part of NJ are you from? did you know any Isacsons, Konins, Beardsleys, or Frenchmen?

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  16:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya Ali Cat,
Frenchmen sounds familiar but can't place it..don't know the other names...So much of this TMS stuff, if not all is mental...I remember thinking knee pain away b4 when i used to power walk uphill here in LV...I haven't been able to power walk cuz of the neck TMS...Oye, if it's not one thing, it's another...lol...we will get thru this!!! I was born in Bound Brook, went to college at Montclair State University, near NY and lived in Toms River, Rockaway, Piscataway, Middlesex and last few years i was in NJ i lived in Middletown, near Sandy Hook...love Monmouth COunty..How about you? Where are you from? Still in NJ?
Hugs back,
~Karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000