TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 success
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

slimmylou

25 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  09:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - slimmylou on 08/21/2006 15:06:30

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  10:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From reading Nancy Selfbridge's book (in addition to Sarnos, of course) , I learned that I must have Fibro....I am controlling, to a large degree, most of my pains (and those that I still have substantial problems with, I view in a less panicky way) and am working on my psychological sensitivities....Read Selfbridge's book if you haven't already.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  17:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not suffer from fibro, but I did have an equally debilitating chronic illness that the doctors could do nothing with..My symptoms included severe hypoglycemia and food allergies..I believe my illness to be a TMS equivalent in the manner of fibro and chronic fatigue, and probably like them, stress related..\

I'm 80-90 percent better and I'm convinced this would not have been the case were it not for the ideas promoted and discussed in this forum..

HOpe that helps...

A.

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  18:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi slimmylou,

Welcome. I re-read your previous posts. Maybe it was the blue ink. Your disappointmemt at your perceived lack of answers and lack of a warmer welcome is a window into your TMS mind. You did get some replys and the response is par for the course. Don't take it personally, (yet).

How do you know you have myo-fascial pain? How was it diagnosed--a body-worker or a Rolfer perhaps? Sarno says fibro IS TMS, but a more severe form.

Regards and Best Wishes,
tt
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  21:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Art, are you convinced that food allergies are tms equivalent, I have such difficulties accepting this theory, especially that my sinuses get so bad whenever I consume dairy, and I seem to ache more when I eat anything with msg, plus all the fibro books say to stay away from sugar , do you absolutely credit Dr Sarno for your recovery from food allergies, were other factors involved, vitamins , anything? I would feel more confident if I heard it from you ,as a person who recovered. Thank's so much.
Go to Top of Page

shari

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  22:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slimmylou -- I was diagnosed with myofascial pain several months ago. The pain was absolutely unbearable to the point that every day and every night I wished my life would end. When someone mentioned Dr. Sarno's book, I was very skeptical at first, but I started reading it and started to feel better after only a few days. Progress has been slow and uneven, and I'm still struggling with occasional flare-ups. I'm about one month into it now, and I KNOW I'm on the path to complete recovery. I can feel it. As the pain eases, I ease back into physical activities, and my fears ease too. I keep doing my daily "meditations" about my inner issues, speak forcefully to my unconscious when the pain kicks in, and will keep doing it until I'm "cured", that is, I'm completely rid of pain and fear.
Go to Top of Page

Jim1999

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  23:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slimmylou,

I didn't reply to your posting right away because I had very limited Internet access. Now, I'm trying to get caught up.

Anyway, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1992. After I learned about Dr. Sarno, I made a full recovery in about 5-6 weeks. I have been recovered for seven years. A good example of the difference Sarno made is bicycling, which I loved to do before the severe pain started. During my fibromyalgia, I gave up bike riding completely for 6 1/2 years. After recovery, I now ride over 1200 miles a year.

For me, journaling was very important in dealing with my repressed emotions. I actually found more sadness than anger; it's hard to say which you will find more of.

Good luck in overcoming your fibromyalgia!

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  07:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Slimmylou,

I have had lots of success recovering from TMS symptoms that masked themselves to look like the f-word diagnosis. (I refuse to use the term now.) I had a host of symptoms that all came seemingly at once following the close of a major family crisis. All the tests came back negative, of course.

It took awhile and I do get setbacks occasionally. I'm seeing a TMS therapist and doing daily affirmations from a book called "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay. In the beginning, I did a lot of journalling to get me started as Sarno recommends.

From what I've read, it can take awhile since this is a more severe form of TMS. So don't give up!

Nor
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  14:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

as a side note, tennis tom thanks for the amateur psychology lesson & so sorry you didn't like my blue ink. I've read your threads as well & don't intend to be bullied with your bull****, the OCD comments to another member were particularly helpful. are you a psychiatrist or are you just a miserable ass? In any event there is no need to reply, you have nothing to say that I want to hear.

Hi slimmylou,

Point well taken and I won't bother you with any of my cocka-mamy TMS notions.

Sorry you feel bullied--that's entirely your perception--I guess some people have no sense of humor.

No, I'm not a psychiatrist--just a miserable ass. I have talked and played tennis with a number of them and know enough not to trust all of their calls.

You asked why no one replied and I just honestly thought one reason could have been the blue ink--it made your post a bit hard to read.

Although you asked for me not to reply, I did so anyway. That's how this internet thing works. You get to insult me for being kind enough to reply and I get to agree with you on what a miserable ass I am.

Have a nice day.
Go to Top of Page

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  15:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slimmylou,
I have also wondered about all my tools in dealing w/the physical pain (i.e. stretching, massage, tennis balls, etc.) I try to keep it at a minimum but I feel I need to live my life, too. We've already lost so much time to this BS. I also take a prescription med for headaches when they occur. I hate to do it but I can't work on this stuff w/a vise around my skull :).
Nor
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  14:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
as a side note, tennis tom thanks for ...

Slimmylou I thought that was very rude and uncalled for.

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

h2oskier25

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  15:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

Hmm . . . Perhaps SlimmyLou has found a way to vent her rage after all. Just Kidding.

Hey that's an idea, we could all pair up and pick psuedo fight buddies on this sight, and use each other to vent our rage on.

JUST KIDDING AGAIN.

Go to Top of Page

Jim1999

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  23:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slimmylou,

I also think that you were too harsh on Tennis Tom. I agree with him that the blue/bold font in your original post was somewhat hard to read. How about giving Tom a second chance?

Jim
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  00:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slimmylou, sorry but I can't find anything insulting in Tom's reply to your post either.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  09:13:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those who feel compelled to lash out at others in this forum, I urge you to stop before you press that Post button, re-read your message, and think.

When you get angry for no good reason, it is a TMS equivalent. It is a defense mechanism. It may be projection. One thing it is not is productive use of your time, or anything worth sharing on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  00:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h2oskier25

quote:

Hmm . . . Perhaps SlimmyLou has found a way to vent her rage after all. Just Kidding.

Hey that's an idea, we could all pair up and pick psuedo fight buddies on this sight, and use each other to vent our rage on.

JUST KIDDING AGAIN.

Hi H20,

I think that you have a good idea. Maybe Dave could create a "Forum Room",

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  01:07:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

[quote]as a side note, tennis tom thanks for ...

JUST KIDDING AGAIN.

Hi h2o,

I think you have a good idea there. Maybe Dave could create a "Forum Room", where we could cut loose and have at it! Say whatever we FEEL, no holds barred. And like Vegas, what is said there, stays there.

We could vent, bash, and torture each other to our gremlin's delight. Unleash our inner-most thoughts with everyone free to say anything and everything with no recriminations. Say exactly what we think is wrong with each other.

I think it could be an intesting "experiment" in TMS repression
catharsis. The only rules would be;

no cry-babies allowed, enter at your own risk if you dare !

Go to Top of Page

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  05:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, the first rule of TMS Fight Club is:

You do not talk about TMS Fight Club! :)
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  10:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drziggles

Actually, the first rule of TMS Fight Club is:

You do not talk about TMS Fight Club! :)

(ok doc, mums the word, see ya' here at midnight:

pink]
http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2142[/[pink]

tt-wtf

Edited by - tennis tom on 07/01/2006 10:14:12
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  20:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm willing to let by-gones, be by-gones, if you are Mrs. McKay. I accept your apology.

Regards,
tt

Edited by - tennis tom on 07/04/2006 20:50:55
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  17:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's Peter's mom.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page