TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Insomnia - equivalent?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  07:09:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
I have been suffering from terrible insomnia over the last few weeks -only getting a couple of hours a night on some nights. I am a total Zombie.
I cannot remember if Dr. Sarno says it is an equivalent or not. The insomnia started as a response to my new relationship. I only see my boyfriend once/twice a week on the weekends because we live 2 hours apart. I get so excited about seeing him that I cannot sleep the night before he comes or at the weekend. It just seems ridiculous. I am a highly strung person so insomnia is not surprising. I had it a year ago when I broke off my engagement - but I am so happy now.

Does anyone have any tips?

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  07:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get some 10 mg. ambien.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

560 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  07:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those with insomnia I recommend "Say Good Night to Insomnia : The Six-Week, Drug-Free Program Developed At Harvard Medical School" written by Gregg Jacobs with a forward by Herbert Benson. I recently read the book myself as I am sensitive to noise at night which keeps me awake at times.

This well written book helps readers change their views on sleep and wakefulness and provides solid and proven non drug strategies to overcome insomnia This is an excellent example of the use of MindBody medicine in treating a very common problem.

Here is what Amazon readers have to say:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0805055487/103-7433098-9859812?v=glance

It is not "verbose browbeating" as one reader stated. It is written in a very simple and straight forward style.
Go to Top of Page

Suz

559 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  08:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Peter, very much. I just ordered the book. I would much rather do that than take sleeping pills. I actually took one Tylenol PM last night and it really did the trick. I am nervous about Ambien as I think it is very very strong and probably not good for one's liver
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  08:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
I go thru occasional bouts of insomnia usually related to emotional issues...I don't know if Sarno calls insomnia and equivalent but it seems like it could be...What I do is take 2 tabs of calcium magnesium b4 bed and that seems to calm me..Also there is Valerian root herb, which is totally natural, no side effects..There is also melatonin..but that is a natural hormone, so study up on it first if you want to try it...And lastly there is a homeopathic remedy called Calm Forte at your local health food store..Hope this helps...Enjoy your happiness!
Karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000