TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The Xrays, please read and reply
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  13:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the hardest thing for me to get out of my head! A Nucca chiropractor recently took a series of Xrays to see the course of treatment...He said my whole head was tilted some to the left and my neck was in an S curve...That is all i needed to hear! As I am trying to wrap myself COMPLETELY around the TMS diagnosis for myself I cannot seem to get those Xrays out of my head! A TMS Doctor i wrote to told me he thought chiros were a waste of time and that mere muscle spasms could have caused my head to look that way..But when i try to move it, it is just stuck and feels out of whack..If there is anyone out there who has had a similiar situation and yet came to accept the TMS diagnosis and get well, please tell me..I need some encouragement, I am really struggling as I have been stuck in the house and having to lay down alot for the past 3 weeks other then two visits to this Nucca doctor which seemed to irritate b4 helping...I also have this startle reflex wherein sudden sounds make me jump and tighten my neck up more..It's worse at night too..That is when the neurological stuff starts, makes me think it's cuz i have been sitting up, etc..and had the weight of my head on my neck and shoulders...This whole thing is maddening..I just want to Force my neck to move but i won't dare..Even when i try to push it a bit,it just gets worse..I am an artist with a big exhibition coming up in the library soon and i cannot even paint...Hope someone can help...God bless and thanx for reading...

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  09:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Read the book until it sinks in. Dr. Sarno explains very clearly how X-Rays mean nothing. This is a common trick by some chiropractors to scare you into repeated treatments.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  10:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi S_A,

You are releasing your vital info in dribs and drabs. Now we are getting to the heart of your problem! You have two major life events coming up that have created TMS fear in you. The cruise and now the big art opening. This is what TMS is made of. If you have Sarno's MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION, go to the Rahe-Holmes list of life's stressful events causing dis-ease, I believe it's on page 26.

These two impending events, that you view with both pleasure and impending doom, are no doubt the cause of your TMS psychsomatic symptoms. The TMS trickster, inside the back of your mind, is stiffening up your neck muscles by stealing a little oxygen away. He/she, is not that far away from your neck muscles after all.

Keep the emotionally related info flowing.
Go to Top of Page

ralphyde

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  10:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday, Karen.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  12:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the bday greeting Ralph...That was very kind of you...
God bless!
Karen
Go to Top of Page

atg

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  12:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karen,

How long ago did you move to Las Vegas from New Jersey? How long ago did your neck pain start?

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  17:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx to all of you for your letters that are soooooo helpful! I am very grateful...Alan, I moved from NJ 12 years ago this August...I never had a neck problem til I moved to LV..The first whiplash injury was in Dec. 95, but the man who hit me was going very slow..I was making a left turn out of a shopping plaza in CA. I had my head rest down, however, so my head moved quite a bit..I was in treatment (chiropractic, acupuncture, pt) for months..I got reinjured in treatment twice as well, long story...I had back problems on and off since age 18 or 19..Interestingly age 19 the love of my life died in a car crash and my parents got divorced...I never had neck problems in NJ, just occasional back and knee...Now it's neck and knee, sometimes at the same time, sometime one or the other...Today is my bday and i am mostly alone here...Was supposed to go on a cruise leaving today for Alaska and couldn't cuz of the neck...My roomie/bro wants to take me to dinner when he gets back but i don't know if i am up to it...Wow..I think i answered alot more detailed then maybe you wanted..:) Sorry for rambling..
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  08:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you now realize that you never had "whiplash" nor did you "re-injure" anything, right?
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  08:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am getting it Dave...It is hard to get ALL those Doctors armed with their Xrays and MRI's who told me otherwise out of my head completely! And the emotional work seems daunting, but i am taking baby steps and doing my best...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000