TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 two pains at once
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  22:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been reading that Dr. Sarno says that TMS patients very rarely have more than one pain at a time...I'm doing my best to ignore that because at the moment I've got two sore knees and a bad ankle which I'm trying not to let sideline me...

I've had lots of success in the past year or two and I'm not going to throw it away because of reading this one thing, but it's not what I wanted to hear...

Anyone?

Edited by - art on 05/09/2006 22:30:01

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  06:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may want to refer to this post http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1872
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  10:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks scoops///Missed that one..Feel much better now...
Go to Top of Page

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  18:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Art,
When my TMS began, I didn't have only one symptom at a time. But, looking back, it seems they came in clusters and usually some would pass as others took over. Now that I'm doing much better, I still have 2 or 3 main symptoms but they usually don't occur simultaneously. Sometimes they overlap a little. I think Sarno's point is that - if you have not fully recovered from TMS - there'll always be a substitution for a symtom that has disappeared.
Nora
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  05:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Art, ihave had wrist pain with neck and back pain all at once. I remember having four+ sympyoms all at once and thinking I was falling apart. All TMS and all still come and go in tandem at times. I am still re-reading all the Sarno books because my brain still tries to distract me when I'm anxious. The more anxious I am the more symptoms I get. Mary
Go to Top of Page

Pendoreille

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  09:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In his new book, I think he recommends therapy for folks with more than one symptom. I can't remember the page. And then in the Fred Book (I can't remember his last name) about Cure Back Pain in Seven Days (or the exact title for that matter), he had many things, and solved them all. I'm holding out that it's possible. That's why I'm in therapy. And my TMS Therapist has had patients with more than one symptom.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  14:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys...Mary, it's especially nice to hear from you//
I hope your new job continues to go well..

As to the therapy, no doubt it's a good idea and I could benefit..But on the other hand, I'm 55 years old and have a pretty good sense of the stuff in my life that's caused me anger and pain...Crappy childhood, super-sensitive writer type, blah, blah, bleh...One of my biggest problems has been my tendency to live in my head, getting myself all tied up into hopelessly complicated knots...

These days, I try to think much less and live more...The most incredible thing about TMS as far as I'm concerned is that it's often the case that a simple understanding of the condition is enough to bring about a cure...In Dr. Sarno's new book, he writes that even to him, this still seems almost too good to be true...I'm not a religious guy and don't even believe in God really, but if he's up there, surely this is one of his most tender mercies..I know this is not the case for everyone, but the fact remains that the absolute first requirement for healing is an understanding of the forces at work..

Meanwhile, I'm happy to report that I went on a five mile run today, and let it out as much as I'm able these days...The ankle pain stayed with me for a good 2/3 of the run and then suddenly it was gone...Just simply disappeared as if by magic..

I think it's easy to lose sight of the fact that the healings we bear witness to on a regular basis, and almost take for granted, might well be regarded as nearly "miraculous" in another context.

Edited by - art on 05/11/2006 14:49:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000