TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 INSTANT success! Amazing! Questions...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jgluski

27 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  12:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Story:

Questions at the end...

28 yr old male. Always been a worrier but extremely hard worker, in excellent physical shape. Started getting anxiety attacks RIGHT after I graduated college. I was able to manage after a year.

8 weeks ago I had my appendix out after a week of misdiagnosis (causing LOTS of anxiety). Had an excellent recovery and wanted to get active again so my surgeon said I could start light physical exercise.

Get it a big fight about having kids with my fiance.

So I go the gym 12 days after my surgery FEELING great! That night I start to feel weird and scared. I wake up the next morning with abdominal pain and am a bit dizzy. I start freaking out thinking I ripped my stitches and call my surgeon. After drinking a gallon of water I'm fine.

The NEXT day I am fighting with my fiancé because she is having headaches for 13 days and won't see a Dr, PLUS the wedding is coming up, I'm under a lot of pressure at work and am going for a part-time masters. I literally pushed the stress away in my head! I remember that. After class I'm going to catch a bus and skip up the stairs putting all my weight on my right foot. I get a really strange feeling in my groin / back.

Over the next three days I get to the point of hobbling because the pain in my groin is so bad. My surgeon says its a pulled muscle. The pain shoots down my foot up my back to my neck WORST PAIN IN MY LIFE.

It gets better but doesn't go away and moves to my lower back, groin, and right leg. I'm freaking out every day. Get depressed and feel emasculated. Can't move too much. Can't eat. Losing weight and body mass (I went from 185 to 167)

Get an MRI. Herniated disk in my L4-L5 but it isn't pushing on the nerve ending??? So that MIGHT be causing the pain. That makes be MORE depressed. I had just had surgery and now I'm going have a herniated disc for the rest of my life!

Physical therapist says it’s NOT a disc because I'm still flexible and mobile. He thinks its all muscular. Even more confused. Some days I'm OK others not.

Start to get full anxiety attacks. Worry about the wedding, my future etc. Can't sleep at all. See a psychologist who diagnosis TMS possibility last week and I start to think about it but didn't understand until I got the book.

Picked up the Healing Back Pain last night. 50 pages into it I get it. Applied right away. Last night I felt NO PAIN but all the stress went to my head! Racing dreams and panic. Heart beating out of my chest.

I jumped out of bed this AM and ran with my dog. I had been working through all my problems and wanted to find an easy answer (the wedding, my job, I moved to a new city etc) Then I realized it was ME! I make myself scared of all the unknowns and drive myself crazy.

Its been less than 24 hours and I'm literally jumping up and down. I can feel the pain trying to come back but will not let it.

This book was a miracle! 6 weeks of hell gone!

1) Did anyone else have sleeplessness and does it go away?
2) I assume I should NOT go back to physical therapy at all?

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  15:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had some sleeplessness, and it went away after a couple of months.
As for the physical therapy, it depends on why you are going? If you are going to help get rid of pain then you should consider whether or not you really need that anymore. If you are going to gain back strength and flexibility lost to TMS, then you may want to go at some point after you have convinced yourself of the true nature of your pain.
Go to Top of Page

gevorgyan

115 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  10:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also suffer from sleeplessness. Strange but it began with my first pregnancy, but after 4-5 months went away. But now from time to time I can't get sleep but it is very dependent on my days, duties, worries. I am getting a melatonina and it helps me much.
Also a can of beer guaraties good night in my case.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000