TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How Can This Be?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Special One

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  19:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news! I decided to start jogging a few blocks a day. I had been apprehensive sine my knee "injury." Well, my knee feels great! I really think I got through to my body that I would not be cheated out of a full life. Now the surprise...This morning I turned over in bed and my neck made a sound and got stiff and painful. I can barely turn my head to the left. What in the HECK? I just wonder how this can be? Is it my mind fighting my newfound ability to run? Am I injured? I think it's funny that I have fears of getting hurt in a wreck or something severe, but not of turning over in bed. I do that all night. Why did thuis one time cause destruction? I expect to heal quickly because of my tms studies, but it is hard to not let it get my down.. I still continued on with my plans for the day, and even went jogging. The other odd thing about it is that when I told my mom what had happened she said that the night before she hurt her neck by flipping her hair. This is not the first time we've had matching "injuries." I know this sounds just like the "quick onset" in Sarno's book, but when something like this happens it is hard to think that it is tms. My mind wants to diagnos some serious condition. Am I normal?

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  07:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your progress.

As for the "surprise" you should have laughed and realized it was your brain playing tricks. You've succeeded in ignoring the knee pain so it is trying to distract you with something else. This is a good sign. We call it "TMS on the run."

There is no injury, no "destruction." It shouldn't get you down, it should make you happy! You are making progress and this is just a lame attempt by your unconscious to slow you down. Don't let it!
Go to Top of Page

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  17:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave is correct. It's TMS on the run. I had this a lot in the beginning when I first became aware of this syndrome and Dave and others pointed out this fact to me that my brain was trying to get me focused on another body part to distract me. He's right, it's PROGRESS! You may have other oddities as you go along. Don't be surprised at all if you develop even weirder symptoms. Keep reading and keep repudiating the physical BS.
Mary
Go to Top of Page

Special One

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  17:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the encouragement. I worked really hard not to fear the neck pain and it never got worse, but only better. It's so true about the symptoms changing and being very odd. Today I was wondering, "when will I feel my "self" again?" It seems that I always have something physically distracting going on. Thankfully, I can truly say I've overcome a lot of fear as I notice symptoms subsiding.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000