TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Achilles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pendoreille

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  17:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know the answer to this, but I just need reassurance. I've been fighting achilles tendons since December, never seem to get better all the way. But I've been trying to walk, and take them on, etc, and have been having a little sucesss. Today I tripped on a cord and my heel is killing me again. Of course, my back feels better with this going on. If believe it's TMS, my heel is really fine, and it shouldn't mean months of pain. Right?

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  14:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pendoreille

You might like to try using the search link (at the top right hand side of the page) using the key word achilles.

Tunza
Go to Top of Page

johnlh

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  10:10:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pendoreille

I know the answer to this, but I just need reassurance. I've been fighting achilles tendons since December, never seem to get better all the way. But I've been trying to walk, and take them on, etc, and have been having a little sucesss. Today I tripped on a cord and my heel is killing me again. Of course, my back feels better with this going on. If believe it's TMS, my heel is really fine, and it shouldn't mean months of pain. Right?

You should check with your Doctor as achilles problems generally do not just go away. They require some physical therapy. They can continue and lead to serious problems. You need to be careful as to what kind of shoes you are wearing (high heels no). Generally some stretching, heat, ice and other physical therapy can lead to a cure.
Go to Top of Page

Pendoreille

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  11:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had physical therapy, acpuncture, all of the treatments, stayed off them as much as possible, etc. Oh, well. They are better, just not back to walking and hiking. My two great loves.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  13:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pan,

Do a search, there is some stuff on Achilles pain...I'm a runner, and Achilles pain can be quite scary because of the potential for serious debilitating injury...

Having said that, this definitely can be TMS...The fact that you've gone through so many treatments indicates that could very well be the case for you...The thing is, the human body is nearly miraculous in its capacity for healing and regeneration..Five months is a long time to have an injury, especially if you've been taking care of it...

Have you read any of the books?

I'll close with this...I don't think people find this forum by accident. I'm guessing that the vast majority who make their way here do in fact have TMS...

Edited by - art on 05/10/2006 13:25:04
Go to Top of Page

Pendoreille

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  18:13:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are much better, and the pain does come go and go. I actually saw my spine doctor the other day who is a physiatrist (and a pretty well known doctor as we like to say here, and near impossible to get an appointment with). He checked out my heels, as I had only had family practice doctor look at them, who then put me in pt. He very much believes that therapy can help you recover, and said that depression can make achilles stuff worse. All which I thought was pretty interesting. So he said stay in therapy for all things--mind, back and heels--and you will get better. May be not exactly Sarno, but here's someone who is very much in mainstream medicine saying there is a mind/body connection. So may be I better go do some journaling.

And there is the 20/20 show with the woman from Rosie O'Donnell who had heel issues, who regular medicine had given up on.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  20:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish you the very best Pen..I'd be heartbroken if I couldn't run and thanks to this forum I've barely missed a scheduled day in over a year...I had Achilles pain a while back, found the support I needed right here and was back on the road the next day...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000