TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pounding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kjarvis

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  12:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any one had pounding heart symptoms?????

Special One

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  16:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. I felt like my heart skipped a beat and then pounded my chest and I had to catch my breath. It went away after a few days. I think it is common in tms/anxiety people. It can mean something else so be aware. I asked a lot of people about it when it happened to me and most of them knew exactly what I was talking about, having experienced the same thing. I don't think we could all have serious heart problems, so I was reassured. Every once in a while it still happens, but I don't worry. There are tests you can get to rule out serious conditions if that would help. Take Care
Go to Top of Page

vikki

95 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  18:40:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi kjarvis,

I occassionally have the feeling of a skipped beat -- a kind of brief flutter or thump. It's kind of scary when it happens. I have thought about having it checked out but I'm such a hypochondriac that I really don't want to feed that tendendy. Also, it does seem to be correlated with my level of anxiety. I do plenty of strenuous exercises and nothing terrible happens, so I figure I'm probably okay.

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

miehnesor

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  11:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! Increasing heart rate for me is an indication of repressed fear which tells me the repressed rage is close to the surface and readily accessible. These body signals are extremely important wrt TMS as I have discovered. Pay attention to them- they will help you in the TMS battle.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000