TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Achilles and TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  06:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm finding the mention of Achilles Tendonitis conspicuously absent from the list given in The Mind/Body Prescription..

Anyone know if this is sometimes TMS?

Many thanks,
A

UK james

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  06:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After conquering my back pain I suffered last summer with achilles pain for a few months. Really painful and in my opinion definitely TMS. After my achilles I also ad pain behind my knees! All ok now though. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  08:34:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks UK,

I subsequently found an old thread that addresses Achilles tendonitis and the consensus was that it can be. I worried as Dr. Sarno left it out for some reason...

Go to Top of Page

johnnyg

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  08:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Note also that Dr. Sarno states in his books that while muscle pain is limited to postural muscles (neck back and buttocks), TMS can attack tendons anywhere in the body; it's the mysterious matter of where and when it will show up in a particular individual. I guess that's why some people experienced in TMS get tripped up when some areas not commonly known as TMS areas start to hurt. He also states (sorry can't sight the page) that he is of the belief that the brain can affect virtually any organ it so chooses.

I've recently experienced pain in my front tooth (has a crown) from jaw clenching that I know is TMS. Plus in the past I have suffered from gum sensitivity. Others have stated that they thought gum pain could be TMS. Now I agree with that, but it doesn't fit in with automomic or immune nervous system function, so I don't understand it.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  16:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

Remarkable, this TMS stuff. No sooner did I find some supportive material to the effect that Achilles can be TMS than the pain simply disappeared. It was as if I needed 'permission" to take that TMS leap of faith...

In the past few weeks, I've been successfully dealing (I'm leaving this in the present tense as I don't want to get too cocky) with a supposedly strained hamstring, metatarsalgia, patellar tendonitis, Achilles tendonitis, a sprained right toe, and shoulder tendonitis..Plus assorted and fleeting aches, pains, and twinges too numerous and obscure to even mention...

Amazing the tenacity of TMS on the one hand, and on the other the power of the human mind in overcoming it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000