TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Why are our posts public on the internet??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  08:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no! I just googled myself to see the publicity I was getting for my current exhibition and on page 4 or so there was a private posting I did here right there for everyone to see! Why is that?? And how can it be stopped...I do not want the entire internet world to see my private battle with TMS, especially potential buyers of my art...People google me alot to see my music and art credits..This is really concerning me? What can I do, besides deleting all my previous posts to stop this?
~Karen

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  09:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Singer_Artist

I figured it out...I had used part of my last name in a comment and that is why it is showing up...BUT...even after editing my last name out it is STILL on there...around page 4 or 5 when someone searches about my art or music...PLEASE does anyone know how i can get this off of the internet once it's there on a google search??

Oh no! I just googled myself to see the publicity I was getting for my current exhibition and on page 4 or so there was a private posting I did here right there for everyone to see! Why is that?? And how can it be stopped...I do not want the entire internet world to see my private battle with TMS, especially potential buyers of my art...People google me alot to see my music and art credits..This is really concerning me? What can I do, besides deleting all my previous posts to stop this?
~Karen

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  12:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi S_A,

I think that is how the internet works. Whatever you put out there is what the Universe gets to see. I don't think it would hurt your art sales. Artists are suppossed to be quirky and screwed-up aren't they?--that's part of their charm. I employee an artist and would not want him anyother way.

Do you want your art hanging in someone's home who doesn't respect your inner-child in all of it's TMS glory? It might even help your art sales to reveal the inner TMS torture that is the cauldron for your craft--good PR.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. But proabably if it's a concern, there's away of changing things on the internet--Peter MacKay was a champ at it.

I'm in Frisco, where almost everyone is an artist, especially the waiters. I'm planning on becoming one soon myself so I can start having some fun too. A few tatoos, some piercings, a rap ditty and I'll be in business.

Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  12:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen,

In a few weeks when Google re-indexes the page, it will find your last name gone, so the search will stop turning up that result. Until then you are stuck; Google will not remove a page from their cache unless it's no longer active or there is a compelling legal reason.

You should always be aware that anything you put on the internet that doesn't require a password to access will be visible to the general public. If one looks me up, there are mailing list archives from a Mercedes Lackey fantasy list I was on when I was 14! A bit embarrassing now, though luckily nothing personal.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Singer_Artist

USA
1516 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  13:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That TT and ACL! You guys are my buddies, you know that! I so appreciate it...I do feel better about it now...It was just kind of a shocker at first...I kind of felt violated...You know, I really have spilled my guts on here, lol..to put it mildly..lol again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000