TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Where are the trigger points for TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larkascending

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  19:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where exactly the trigger points for TMS are? I have various sensitive spots in my back, neck and buttocks,so much so that pressing hard on my neck will cause a serious cramp - and my problem is sciatica not neck pain! What I'm wondering is if these trigger points have to be in specific, precise locations in order to be considered TMS. This is part of the reason I've been considering seeing a TMS doctor.
Thanks,
Lark.

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  01:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lark,
in my experience I have had many points of pain. Rarely does the pain manifest anywhere in my neck, more so behind my shoulder blade, middle/lower back and hips. The pain can either be left/right or both sides. The pain sometimes feels like just a sore muscle and is sensitive to touch, stretching/relaxing in certain ways produces pain for a short period of time until I "mold" to that position. Recently I've also developed pain in my groin, on the right side. When my backpain eases it can sometimes manifest with an irritated stomach. Over the years I have also had chronic episodes of sciatica, which are always just that little bit more enjoyable than the others. TMS symptoms are wide and varied, so don't look for one particular symptom to vindicate the condition.
Go to Top of Page

larkascending

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  15:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darko,
My pain moves around in a similar fashion to yours. I'm not really looking for one particular symptom to vindicate the condition, its just that I've read that Sarno and other TMS doctors test certain trigger points as one of the determining factors for a TMS diagnosis so I was wondering if anyone knew what those points were.
Lark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000