TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Yellow star, Blue star
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  16:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There seemed to be a glitch yesterday and I couldn't access the board for a while. It's OK now but I'd like to know what the 2 different coloured stars against a name mean.
Thanks

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala

Allan

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  18:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn'g access the board yesterday either. I got an ad for creating web sites and I didn't see any stars, yellow or blue. Perhaps there was some glitch yesterday and you got some unique data. Maybe this is why you are not receiving any replies.

Allan.
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  19:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mean there is a yellow star against Dave's name and a blue one against austingary's.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
Go to Top of Page

JoeW

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  19:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd guess Yellow means Forum Admin, and Blue means you've posted more than 50 times (and so make the transition from "Starting Member" to "New Member").
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  19:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a glitch in the site yesterday but it is fixed now.

Stars are "earned" when you post a certain number of message. Once you have posted 50 messages, you will get one star.

My star is yellow because I am the moderator.
Go to Top of Page

JoeW

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  07:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave - I'm just gonna out some repressed rage here : I already answered the question, having waited for a while for you to answer, why not acknowledge that, instead of repeating the same facts, as if I didn't exist? (I have a shyness thing) I'll probably regret this tomorrow when I'm sober, but hey - my arm feels good right now...
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  08:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeW

Dave - I'm just gonna out some repressed rage here : I already answered the question, having waited for a while for you to answer, why not acknowledge that, instead of repeating the same facts, as if I didn't exist? (I have a shyness thing) I'll probably regret this tomorrow when I'm sober, but hey - my arm feels good right now...

Honestly, I didn't read your message before I replied; I was predominantly responding to the fact that the site was down and just did a quick scan of the other messages in this topic. In hindsight, I should just have confirmed that you were right.

But you're on the right track in investigating your rage about this. However I don't think you took it far enough. Why does it anger you so much? Why does the feeling of being ignored, or not taken seriously, or not having your knowledge acknowledged, make you angry?

I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but to point out a good example of what "think psychologically" means. It's not enough to say "I'm mad because Dave acted as if I didn't exist." Go deeper. There are more layers of this rage. In the grand scheme of things this message board is pretty insignificant, yet this thread triggered some rage in you.

The psychologist is [out]
Go to Top of Page

JoeW

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  01:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that was pretty pathetic wasn't it?

Thanks Dave for your considerate and thought provoking reply !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000