TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Wrist Tendonitis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

twisted wrist

1 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2013 :  11:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been playing guitar for 8 years. 1.5 weeks ago I woke up one morning and my left hand was weak and the tendons on the inside of my forearm were swollen and aching. I thought, well maybe I just played too much yesterday. It'll be better in a day or two. But what was strange is that I had never had any discomfort from playing before, including the previous day.

I stopped playing guitar and generally stopped using my left hand for much of anything. I went to see a doctor and she said she thought it was a forearm strain and some tendonitis. She said to rest it and take NSAIDS. I did that, but it was just getting progressively worse. I had read stories of musicians needing to give up their instrument because of tendonitis and I was getting extremely worried and frustrated. Then yesterday the pain and weakness was getting REALLY bad. My hand and arm started tingling. Then the pain started spreading up my arm. to my elbow, upper arm, and eventually my shoulder. Now this didn't make ANY sense at all because I KNEW I hadn't injured my shoulder.

It was at this point that I recalled my friend telling me about TMS. He said that he gets it with back pain. I dismissed him at first...not that I didn't believe him that he got back pain due to psychological reason, but that I didn't think it applied to my situation. I have a lot of stressful things happening in my life these days (just moved to a new town, sleeping on a couch, looking for a place to live, unemployed and looking for work, starting to play music out and in a band for the first time, dating for the first time in years), but I hadn't considered that the stress was too much to handle. Apparently my mind did and it decided to mimic tendonitis in my wrist as a distraction from all the stress in my life.

So in an instant I decided "**** this, there is no way that this injury is real!" I took my right hand and started massaging my left arm and hand vigorously. I started stretching my left hand and fingers and wrist and arm every which way. It was uncomfortable at first but quickly it started to feel GOOD! Like my arm was telling me "yes! yes! keep going!" I could feel the life flowing back into my arm and hand and within 10 minutes I had full function again and NO PAIN...well a little bit of ache but it was more along the lines of using muscles that I hadn't used in 1.5 weeks. It was a good ache. I played guitar at an open mic that evening with no difficulties.

I have a physical therapy appointment set up for today. I am going to go anyway in order to get a massage and some exercises to maybe strengthen my left forearm. I hope they don't think I'm crazy, but honestly, who care!? My arm is better and I am so happy! I've read other people's stories of suffering for years and years and I feel so grateful to have figured this out in such a short period of time.

ubbelohde

3 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2013 :  22:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but Eric along with Colin stated they insurance policy for participants so that you can produce along with host their very own servers or even video games together with particular rule-sets as well," Mmog.com creates.

http://www.ut14coins.co.uk
http://www.utfifa.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000