TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 should one ignore pain?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  07:03:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again

Just to tell you a bit more about my story.
When I first started to have symptoms, I read terrible things about the usage of computers, misuse of dumbells in the net. I was terrified. so, I did the most stupid thing I still repente nowdays. I stopped moving my arms. I even immobilised my arm with a sort of splint. I stood like this for weeks. My symptoms as well as my pain increased exponentially. I began feeling stiffnes in my arm muscles and began having colour changes and circulation problems in both hands. I did na exam where it shows cool áreas on my elbows and hands. When I saw that exam I started forcing myself to move my arms again because I was starting to lose my hands. I read that your brain forgets certain parts of your body if you don't use them. It worked. So, in a way, pain meant more gain. I began to get a lot better. However, I feel that this kind of muscular atrophy is latent.

So, I woul like to know your opinion about ignoring pain. Is it advisable when it is TmS we're talking about?
When I'm at the computer for each click I almost feel my stiff tendons touch the peripheral nerves like hammers on piano strings.

Does it make sense to you?

Did my arm muscles got lazy like the muscles that atrophy when people wear glasses?

Thanks
Filipe

Edited by - filipe on 09/22/2013 07:07:56

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  08:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Filipe, if it's TMS, use it or lose it. Forget about all that anatomy of your arms jargon you previously brain-washed yourself with "peripheral nerves", "tendons" images of poor circulation, etc. The good news is how resilient the body is and atrophy can be reversed in a couple of weeks of use. This is the TMS Forum so throw out all that anatomical vocabulary, it will keep you entrenched in the physical realm not helping a TMS recovery.

Did you read Matt's Success Story? He had the same issues as you and recovered.

TMS is about turning your head around to a new way of thinking, a new vocabulary, reconditioning your actions. There will be some initial pain that will subside when you breakthrough your old patterns. Read SteveO's book "THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION" and see the pain he had to go through to get rid of his TMS caused pain.

The best thing you can do is read TMS books until your mind GETS it. You are still talking physical.

Have you looked at the Rahe-Holmes list of stressful situations to discover the emotional sources of your TMS pain? This is the TMS Forum , YOU found it and came here so I'm assuming you think it may be TMS.

I'm not a doctor, only a tennis player, PLEASE DON'T SUE ME!!! if it turns out it was a tumor on your left testicle I've some how missed in my reply to you that's causing your wrist pain. I've been warned by a "health professional" here that I can be sued for giving faulty advice so I'm including that boiler-plate on the advice of my legal team to protect my equity and my left ass. I'm also looking into obtaining malpractice insurance for tennis players who give bad advice on internet message boards resulting in tennis elbow.

Felipe, READ THE TMS BOOKS, ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED IN THEM!!!

G'luck,
tt/lsmft

==================================================

TAKE THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS TEST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605

==================================================

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." Author Unknown

"Happy People Are Happy Putters." Frank Nobilo, Golf Analyst

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." Mark Twain and Balto

"The hot-dog is the noblest of dogs; it feeds the hand that bites it." Dr. Laurence Johnston Peter

"...the human emotional system was not designed to endure the mental rigors of a tennis match." Dr. Allen Fox
======================================================

"If it ends with "itis" or "algia" or "syndrome" and doctors can't figure out what causes it, then it might be TMS." Dave the Mod =================================================

TMS PRACTITIONERS:

John Sarno, MD
400 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
(212) 263-6035

Dr. Sarno is now retired, if you call this number you will be referred to his associate Dr. Rashbaum.

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them": Told to icelikeaninja by Dr. Sarno

Here's the TMS practitioners list from the TMS Help Forum:
http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Here's a list of TMS practitioners from the TMS Wiki:
http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Edited by - tennis tom on 09/22/2013 08:39:53
Go to Top of Page

filipe

Portugal
280 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  10:31:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are completely right. All this jargon is eating me... I used to think we're like machines. I saw too much american sci-fi moviers :)

I'm Not gonna sue you. I'm Portuguese :) I'm not american. But we should sue Drs, for performing unecessary surgeries...

Sometimes I think it is lazyness that is keeping me from starting Sarno's treatment. I guess a pill would be more convenient...

You remenber this music: It was something like this:

in the year 2525 everything you see, do or say is in the pill you took today?

Edited by - filipe on 09/22/2013 10:33:52
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  18:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by filipe
So, I woul like to know your opinion about ignoring pain. Is it advisable when it is TmS we're talking about?

Yes, but only when you have reached the point where you accept the TMS diagnosis applies to you and believe it, or at least act as if you believe it. You are not there yet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000