TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A Different Approach
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NotDistracted

2 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  22:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started out working on lower back pain, but soon realized that I was also suffering from many other symptoms that were acting as distractions from a really difficult period of my life. I got rid of my biggest emotional issue (by divorce), but the symptoms continued. My back pretty much hurt all the time, but I also had IBS, hives, anxiety, weird itches, sinus issues, asthma, weird tastes and smells and many other seemingly random symptoms that didn't have a medical cause.

Since everyone on this forum probably already accepts the idea of distractions, I'll just get to the solution I used to rid myself of all of my symptoms. Since I was not causing the distractions, I did not see the point in me being the one to try to make them stop. My unconscious was generating the symptoms, therefore, it was the one who had the power to stop it. I knew that it was distracting me from unconscious pain and rage, but why would a part of me want to hurt me? It didn't make sense.

Then it finally hit me. My unconscious was doing what I had asked it to do. At some point in my life, there were these feelings that I could not handle or was just afraid of, so I made arrangements with my unconscious to hide and repress these feelings. The distractions were just one of the methods that the unconscious could use to protect me. I think it's not unreasonable to imagine that your own brain is on your side and not against you, even if it seems that way sometimes. So going on the idea that I had made the original request, the solution was obvious. I had to request that my unconscious stop repressing any thoughts, feelings or memories that I was afraid of at one time.

I have been through hell in my life, so honestly, I was not at all afraid of what was in my unconscious! The funny thing was, there really wasn't all that much there anyway. It was just the fear that fed the whole system. My method to open up my unconscious was pretty simple. I use meditation to calm my conscious mind, which also calms the unconscious mind I found out, then just tell it what I want. It's on my side after all. I tell it not to repress any emotions, not to distract me and anything else that I need. It's kind of spooky to realize that you are not in control of all that much in terms of your mental life.

It is a process. I still have symptoms try to sneak back. I have new weird symptoms that try to get established, but I meditate every day and remind my unconscious of the new plan. This is the whole thing, but if you want more details and explanation. I made a booklet with a list of all my weird symptoms, the theory behind my fix and my meditation technique. Here's the link for the text:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rhVsTUJmnLKkjsIgh7RjzbXbHuciA6j8tDoOe0E8988/edit?usp=sharing

Good luck and don't give up.

Information is only the solution if lack of information is the problem.

Edited by - NotDistracted on 09/10/2013 22:25:52

Birdie78

Germany
145 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  02:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not Distracted, thank you for this great post! Yes, I too like the idea that my unconscious is my friend and just wants to help me! I tend to ask my unconscious when I am in a state of relaxation (that's when I meditate). I asked to please tell me something about the origin of my pain. A few days later it did . So I can confirm that it works! 8 Years of psychoanalysis and still no idea why exactly I have these footpain since 1996. Aksed my unconsious and got answers three days later

Kind regards from Germany sends Birdie
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  08:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm very interest in reading your booklet. Thank you for sharing.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.

Edited by - balto on 09/11/2013 06:51:32
Go to Top of Page

JaxCat

12 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  07:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi NotDistracted, thank you for your posting. I read it last night and found it very useful. I found your theory to be pure Sarno with a key in linking meditation to calming and communication with the unconscious. I've dabbled with meditation to calm my mind in the past and look forward to adding some suggestions and questions into my practice this evening!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000