TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Ever had to fight back?!?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michele

249 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  13:34:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I certainly have TMS on the run and it is hitting me HARD. So I am attempting to strike back just as hard, but it is so tough.

I saw an orthopaedic doctor this morning just to rule out anything besides arthritis. The doc I saw in July was such as a$$, he really scared me. The doc this morning confirmed that all I have is moderate arthritis and he also confirmed that EMOTIONS CAUSE PAIN! I was shocked and surprised that a medical doctor agreed with me! He said I was going to be just fine, with a few adjustments in diet and exercise. So that was a huge relief.

But it really ticked the TMS off. Knowing the appointment was coming up, my hip pain suddenly moved into my low back over the weekend. I was in so much pain last night, I could barely move. I kept telling it to GO AWAY, but to no avail. I'm also laughing at it, but it is a persistent bugger. I finally took some OTC pain reliever, but told it that was it for a while.

I have also been working hard in my psychotherapy, with a doctor who understands and agrees with Sarno's approach. That, too, has really got TMS on the run and is attacking on all sides.

So the battle has begun, it's a tough one, but I will be stronger! I've been lifting weights.

Is anyone else having to fight back recently? How do you keep going!

marytabby

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  16:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm new to all this but I can say I do what everyone on here is suggesting, keep talking to my brain, telling it what it needs to hear, reading, reading, reading. It's all I read now, Sarno's books and more that are on order by others. Plus weaning myself off the chiro, canceling doctor appts. for misc things. I am not sure what to suggest but my TMS is moving ALL around for sure. Funny how now that I have accepted this notion, I get jabs of pain, in places I hadn't before. So I take that as a good sign. BUt I will be bawling like a baby if/when I get an acute attack again. I will be on here crying.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000