TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Healing has begun my aha moment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  08:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since therapy on Monday my Tms pains have dulled down extremely. I had Tms groin pain and it would hurt to sit or walk for long amounts of time .

My therapist said she has dealt with specifically men who had this problem. Word for word what I described.

As we spoke about life stuff I noticed the pain was extreme and I was getting lost in it, she cued me in on things I can talk about because I couldnt concentrate.

She hit a certain topic and I cried about it, she made me stay in the moment and told me to stop doing certain physical things like smile or hold my breath. I cried for a good 5 mins.

After the session she reiterated that I am a classic Tms patient still after all these years ( big surprise).

On my beautiful walk home walking in Central Park i began to notice things that would hurt before no longer hurt, the next day if those things hurt it wouldnt last as long.

This really is a breakthrough because it enhances not to fear and when I do feel pain I tell myself " you had three months of chronic Tms pain, it's okay that it's not going away as quickly or you cannot figure out what's causing it what's good is that you found this much relief".

This is amazing people I am so happy that I went back to therapy.

So I want to reiterate.

1. If you have everyday constant pain like I did see a tms therapist if you can, most likely they have seen people who had your pain problems and reassure you this is a mental condition process.

2. If they were sarno approved they can tell you about breakthroughs he was getting to before he retired but never published them.

3. When you get that emotion stay in it ( sort of like helens story) push it out of you and not deep in you.

4. Notice if you smile during a repressed event or chuckle a little bit.

5. Listen to Sarno, he's seen thousands of patients and knows the protocol you should follow .

I am not 100 percent better BUT I can function again and have motivation to work out and get on with life.

If you can afford to see a Tms specific therapist please do so at the minute your pains last longer than they should and you've been checked by a doctor . If I went three months ago I have a feeling it would have been a little easier but no sweat I am happy where I am right now after just this little bit.

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  09:36:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by icelikeaninja

2. If they were sarno approved they can tell you about breakthroughs he was getting to before he retired but never published them.

Thanks for posting your positive experience, could you elaborate on the above please.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  09:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TT,

She never usually talks about him so I was surprised that she mentioned it. She has worked with Sarno since 95 and I was talking to her about how nobody seems to be pursuing mind body quite like sarno and that before Sarno retired he told me personally on the phone how he wouldn't have time or space to write a book on what else he believes is Tms.

After I said this she told me how a lot of people with alopecia have been seeing Sarno and that he caught something in the alopecia disease process which was clearly Tms.

It makes me wonder what else is Tms. I wish I had Sarnos records haha
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  10:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes guys, I talked to him personally and he told me personaily that he felt every disease process including cancer was TMS. I completely agree with him. Now we are not in general talking about being born with something or an occasional cold or trauma. In general other things are, however. This doesn't mean its easy to fix or can't kill you, but the basic cause is what we are discussing
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  11:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace,

I have a hard time reading and believing what people say online, just because I have a lot of trust issues. Especially in this day and age. You can tell me I have Tms tmsmtmsmtmsm until you can't speak anymore lol.

One of the factors with me is that because I couldn't speak to sarno with my new ailment that it is much harder to leave because it helps hearing from the source.

Of course my regular doctor believes in mind body process but only knows how to treat it with anti depressants. He doesn't believe in therapy so when he says my issues are psychological it doesn't help because I can't speak with him about Tms.

I totally believe you spoke to him etc but what I am saying on my post is that. Tms is so delicate and intricate that it would be best to develop a repoire with someone who sees you once a week and sees other people and help compare whatever symptoms you have just to reassure you that people have come back from a lot worst.

But also the problem with tms Is that it's not the same for everyone so it appears difficult to treat unless you have a basic understanding of the process which isn't always so clear cut because we all had our own issues and how they attack us is a different story.

I got better using Sarnos formula before and I veered off a lot because I programmed my mind to be somewhere else.

I can't stress enough how better I feel and what a relief this is to hear directly from someone who worked with the man since 1995.

If you as an MD could start writing your stuff down and even trying to get it published you might be able to help people as sarno and personally talking to him has helped me.

Nobody has made quite an impact and Dr.Rashbaum is a stroke rehab doctor, I do not know how much further interest he has in mind body and moving past what Sarno has accomplished. His work is in what Sarno emphasized but I don't know how much past that he would be willing to research or go out on a limb and say cancer is Tms or whatever new pathology is coming into vogue.

Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  12:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Ice it makes sense what you say and Im glad your feeling better. I need to compile more information before I can write a book. I have, however expressed most of my ideas on this board already, so therefore, I hope to be able to help in this manner until then.
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  13:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
icelikeaninja, baby I'm delighted for you. Thank you for such a positive, joyful post. Here's to you and your healing.
Go to Top of Page

plum

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  13:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace1, I think you're right and I believe in you. One day, in your own time, I know you'll pen something that'll reach many.
Go to Top of Page

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  15:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh Ace, if you write a book, please let me make a translation to Dutch. All relevant literature is only available in English, which is a real hurdle for many people in cloggy-land.

Ice, congratz with this step forward.
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  15:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just hope I will get a free autograph copy. My wife still refuse to raise my allowance. I'm still saving my pennies to buy Steve's book.

Good for you Ice.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  15:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

Went for a jog around Central Park just now, feel awesome.

I think Ace should really do it. He has been in the front lines here and it would help the community in general. I do not know of any doctors who are folllowing sarno to such an extent, I am sure there are but I guess Sarno is the most famous because of his books and glorious lengthy career.

Sarno also has an authoritive personality, for all those that have been treated by him I can attest when you don't do your work he becomes stern and agitated. The man believes in his passion.

Ace does have a different method that maybe should be looked at. Personally I have not applied them whole heartily but everyone is different and I respect his methods. Who knows it might evolve into something else down the road for him.

But I will keep you all posted. Get Stevos book via amazon tomorrow should be in around 3. So excited
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  17:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much guys for you support and encouragement. Yes I think it would be a good idea giggalos to have you translate it when it comes out. We would have to probably see how it does in the states first then could proceed to if translate it to different languages if it successful. This is bc how good would it be if it doesn't reach many? Balto I don't think I would be able to single anyone for a free copy bc it would be free to all or to all with a cost. My goal would be mainly to recoup my costs. I can tell you one thing for sure though there will not be any recommendations to healing that I have not already mentioned or put on my list on here for free already. So in other words it would be for people not on this board or to be an interesting read with more details on why I believe what I believe. So what I'm saying is I'm going to share what I feel is important to healing here for free and the book will not be necessary for understanding the concepts. I dont forsee this happening anytime soon, so hopefully balto you can save you allowance. Would you guys believe that I'm getting "book" cures with my list with some people. So I don't think the book cures are limited to doctor Sarno's Freudian concepts in his books. I am starting to believe that they are just temporary cures or a cause for a shift in symptoms. It however seems that if the person persists it seems to make more permanent changes in the person.

Edited by - Ace1 on 07/17/2013 17:12:38
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  08:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Stevos book came in last night and I read the first two chapters.

If MBP is the bible then GPD is the perfect compliment to what you might not understand.

Sarno's approach is direct and to the point but does not answer the little questions one might have looming in the back of their heads.

I would compare GPD to an advanced "Cliff Notes" on the topic but I feel that would do the book injustice because it is so good.

So far two chapters and it looks awesome.

Feeling great this morning! Now the question is to go for a jog in 95 degree weather or stick to a boring treadmill inside? GrrRrr hopefully this will be the biggest decision I have to make lol
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  10:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONGRADULATIONS ICE
You've made great progress
wish you the best on all ya do
hope is so strong in your post-
I got excited just reading
I love your story of persistence and winning
keep us up to date
god bless

Go to Top of Page

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  15:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, Ice! It feels good to hear a fellow TMSer so relieved. Congratulations!

What did you mean by "As we spoke about life stuff I noticed the pain was extreme and I was getting lost in it, she cued me in on things I can talk about because I couldnt concentrate."

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  16:07:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

Since she was my therapist for many years while I was gone she still remembered a lot of what I use to speak to her about. When the pain was extreme while sitting down on the chair I told her I had nothing to speak about at that moment when indeed I had a lot to speak about but the pain was serving its purpose.

She said if I can't remember anything she will bring some stuff up from the past that I would speak about . Sure enough she mentioned my father and how he tragically died when I was 9 and how my mom was never there for me growing up because she was to busy with her new husband.

My therapist saw that I looked sad and told me to think of those bad times even more and to let them out. I started tearing and smiling she told me to stop smiling because that is Tms way of holding an emotion back.

Since she cued on how I was handling the emotion if made me feel it rather than push it down and smile it off. Since then there has been a significant constant drop in pain.
Go to Top of Page

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  20:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for explaining that. I think we can learn a lot from how the psychologists that Dr. Sarno referred to help people, especially the ones who collaborated closely with him.

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  08:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a question guys, everything has been great, i am gaining confidence and the Tms has died down considerably to the extent that I am so happy about this.

An issue that made me originally believe this was Tms was that when the pain left briefly I would have thoughts of my ex girlfriend and times I had with her.

Well it has been a year since I last saw her, the relationship didn't work because she was bad at making time for me and communicating with me then ultimately ignoring me and telling me she's just not into this like she should be- I let her walk and never looked back.

This took a huge emotional toll on me and this is what was happening before the pain. Now that I am living back on earth again I am thinking about her and dreaming about her.

The thoughts are intense and obsessive just like when people with Tms google symptoms go to many doctors etc.

How do I treat this? It's depression so do I say it doesn't exist or think about it some more? FYI I have very hard time of letting go especially with relationships.
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  07:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by icelikeaninja

I have a question guys, everything has been great, i am gaining confidence and the Tms has died down considerably to the extent that I am so happy about this.

An issue that made me originally believe this was Tms was that when the pain left briefly I would have thoughts of my ex girlfriend and times I had with her.

Well it has been a year since I last saw her, the relationship didn't work because she was bad at making time for me and communicating with me then ultimately ignoring me and telling me she's just not into this like she should be- I let her walk and never looked back.

This took a huge emotional toll on me and this is what was happening before the pain. Now that I am living back on earth again I am thinking about her and dreaming about her.

The thoughts are intense and obsessive just like when people with Tms google symptoms go to many doctors etc.

How do I treat this? It's depression so do I say it doesn't exist or think about it some more? FYI I have very hard time of letting go especially with relationships.

Be very careful about trying to rekindle relationships that were not working in the first place, because this maybe was one of the causes of your tension, wanting it to work, and ruminating on it for a year.

When my initial pain had left me, before I knew about TMS, after I was feeling great, I decided to contact my old GF, for some of your same reasons. Well, nothing had changed on her part, so all the worry and tension and burying of my emotions were right there again. For about a month I worried and fretted on how I (notice I said "I") could make her happy, give her what she wanted in many different ways, and then one morning I woke up with a stiff shoulder and side. Coincidence? Thinking not. After that, it was a full blown panic, and, to make a long story short, during my entire panic, anxiety, running to doctors, etc., did she visit me or just sit with me, or spend time with me? No.

Sounds like they might be related. The past is the past for a reason. For awhile I thought I could compartmentalize the entire thing, and just live with what is, especially since some company as a distraction to the pain, even limited, was better than none, but all the effort was on my part and the same old emotions I felt for a good long time were buried again and my world closed in around me.

I also like you earlier post about your experience with a therapist who worked with Sano. One of the reasons I thought he was so successful was because he could tell you with authority that your problem was not related to any structural thing, in addition to finding out what was going in in your life. The problem, though many disagree, is that when you finally decide that your problem is psychogenic, you go to a "TMS" or "MindBody" doc, and they cannot explain why it is that you are hurting, or why it is that where you are hurting has nothing to do with an MRI image, then results are going to be less than successful. This is something a MB doc especially has to be able to do with authority to be successful. Knowledge is needed in different doses for different people, and the person with a typical TMS personality finds it hard to hear what I heard: "Oh, there is nothing seriously wrong with you." And me: "Why does it hurt there." Doc:"Oh, I don't know. We may never know". Well, a competent massage therapist knew, and not only did she know why it hurt "there", but also that the tight trapezoid muscles causing it were nothing special. This was after allopathic doctors had written me off and a TMS doc was quizzical about it. The therapists could not, of course, tell me, or want to offer medical advice.

So the lesson is: early intervention and suitable explanation will go a long way to effecting a cure, but the person must clean up the emotional problems causing the distress as well. When the MB practitioner ignores the "body" part of the equation, it is a big a deal as the allopathic doctors ignoring the mind's (brain's) cause for the pain.

Whew! wore myself out on that one.

"Bridges Freeze Before Roads"

Edited by - Back2-It on 07/20/2013 07:42:24
Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  07:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny you say that. This morning I woke up with my old rib pains that I had not felt in years. Literally this symptom has not resurfaced in years.

Guess what the groin pain is gone as this new symptom came back.

As for the ex gf, that is exactly how I was, thinking about her and not me and how I would fit into her life.

I am sure she hasn't changed and getting back with her would as you say bring me more bad than good and I'd internalize a lot more.

Edited by - icelikeaninja on 07/20/2013 07:47:10
Go to Top of Page

DrewMartin

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  08:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear you are doing better. My therapist used the same technique - whenever I laughed or chuckled or snorted while talking about an issue she locked onto it and made me really dig in. "What's so funny about that?" was a common refrain.
Now I notice when I am doing it and stop to think about it - it means you are using some technique to avoid difficult emotions and these can cause TMS if ignored in my case.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000