TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Another person seeking reassurance about noise!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carrick

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  16:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there

I know many have asked this question but just looking for some further reassurance...I learned about tms last August and have recently stated making progress,finally...suffering from pain in left knee. Anyway my question is,although I'm moving better,the noise,clicking,grinding still catches my attention. It happens all the time and there is pain. Could the clicking be caused by tight muscles pulling on tendons/the joint and then the pain is mainly a conditioned response? I know alot of people say the noise is just air but it happens all the time. It took me a year to build up the courage to straighten my left leg. When I do, the noise is very loud and some discomfort,but not the really bad horrible sharp pain a year ago,but still there is pain. My left leg is half the size of my right due to lack of use and muscle wastage, so I have to keep moving,try build it back up.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this. Really appreciate some opinions....

Carrick x

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  21:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My knees used to make noise. Cracking and sand papers like noise. There was pain in the joins, there were pain when I sit down, stand up, walking, running, or just doing nothing. There a feeling like there is a ball in the crease of my knees when I bent it. I used to walk with a limp trying not to put much weight on it....

It is all gone now, it was just tms/anxiety.
You stop your fear thought and you will get better.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

carrick

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  06:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for getting back to me Balto,I appreciate it. I find it hard to keep faith and just want to heal! I know fear is holding me back and I'm trying to change my chatter,thoughts but as you know not easy... I need to build my leg up and take control. How long did your knees hurt for? Thanks again and hope ur keeping well
Carrick x
Go to Top of Page

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  13:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carrick

Hi there

.. Could the clicking be caused by tight muscles pulling on tendons/the joint ...

I think you're totally right there. With time it will mostly dissappear if you treat it as TMS.
Maybe you could visit a physical therapist (with a positive mindset) that can reassure you to slowly increase activity without any danger of damaging things in your knee.

wishing you courage
Go to Top of Page

carrick

Ireland
19 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  15:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks gigalos....I went to a physical therapist a couple if times recently but just terrified to do the exercises he gave me. The pain when I squat :-( and I'm so afraid to make things worse as last year I could hardly walk and got very down in myself,a dark time that I never want to experience again. Since then I've had a baby and need to keep strong for him. I can't risk not been able to move. Can you hear the fear in my voice,I try to keep calm but easier said than done! The problem with physical therapist is they say things like,you will never get back to full strength and u will always have to be careful with ur knee,that scares me! My problem is chondromalacia patella,some degeneration. Or should I say that's what I've been told from MRI my problem is!!!
Thanks for your reply :-) x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000