TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Strange new symptom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  21:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone -

I started experiencing a bizarre new symptom yesterday and wondered if anyone has ever had the same thing or knows what it is about. I was sitting at the shampoo bowl at my hair salon when all of a sudden it felt like the shampoo girl was splashing hot water on my right thumb. I looked down and it wasn't wet. Then, later in the day it occurred several more times, a hot sensation, almost as if someone were touching my thumb with a iron of some sort. Today, I've experienced it several more times. Very bizarre! And I thought the dizziness thing and the "burning tongue" problem were weird!

Any input would be greatly appreciated. This is just too weird.

Laura

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  00:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laura,
Were you sitting kinda semi reclining on your back with your head in the sink at the time you felt this? I remember reading about some women who actually had strokes in this position. According to this article I read I vaguely remember it having to do with a nerve being compressed when your head is being tilted back at that angle. This nerve could also go down your arm causing the burning you mentioned.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  01:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Laura

Something that I think about TMS - this is certainly true of me: we become over vigilant of every sensation that occurs anywhere in our body.

My TMS gremlin pounces on every twinge and pain that are almost certainly just part of normal existence and does not allow my attention to move on from that twinge. When the sensation subsides, I am mentally checking for it to occur again - and of course it does.

I can deal with this very well now and can laugh at myself for doing it, but it does still happen.

Best wishes

Anne
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  08:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Laura...

There almost seems to be a connection between eclectic nature of symptom/gotta' be TMS.

Particularly because the farther down the road you get ,the stranger it has to be to get your attention.If I got sciatica,I'd laugh.If my knee or elbow hurts,I giggle.

But....if something reeeeeally odd happens..well than,maybe I have some new sort of 'syndrome' or disorder.

A couple years in to the book,I had my Thumb go numb...I couldn't feel it at all.When I was told it was probably 'carpal tunnel' I was relieved ,as I knew that to be an equivalent...aren't we weird??...I was RELIEVED to have it diagnosed with one of the current plagues.

none the less,it had my attention UNTIL that film was over...in retrospect,it is easy to see what I needed a diversion for....I liked my boss,but he was SO nice,he was letting guys get away with goofing off and me and one other fella' were doing all the work...I was in a rage!!

It did keep me good and scared (until I got the diagnosis) but it went away 100% the day that job ended!!

The weirder the better!

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  21:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone! Mala, yes I was sitting with my head back in the shampoo bowl when it happened. But I didn't have any other symptoms, just the weird burning in my thumb. Anne, I agree that I do tend to do the same thing - becoming aware of every little sensation. And, Baseball, thanks for your input as well. By the way, our friend Miss Hay says the thumb "represents intellect and worry." Well, she's got the worry part right anyway. I'm planning my 12 year old's Bat Mitzvah (it's on June 11th) and I'm worried about everything. Will there be enough money, what if there are too many people and I can't fit them all in the room, should I give the speech I wrote even though I'm already a nervous wreck about it and it keeps me awake at night thinking about it.... The list goes on and on. Throw in the fact that my husband has pneumonia and is very sick right now and a few other minor things. My goodness!

Thank you everyone. I know it's just the good ole gremlin at work once again. Now if I can laugh at the dizziness...

Laura
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000