TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Journaling Tips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lithia

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  13:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum and appreciate the advice, candor and help chronicled here. I've enjoyed significant progress with web/self-diagnosed "running induced" plantar faciitis, tarsal tunnel syndrome for 4+ years. So thankful and blessed to have discovered Dr. Sarno's work and embracing TMS. This has been so much more effective that chiropractic, massage, stretching, taping, orthodics , acupuncture, podriatry visits, etc., etc. The amount of time, money, energy spent is just staggering.

Can anyone share tips on journaling? Are you asking yourself questions and answering them in the journal? Thanks for sharing what worked for you in journaling.

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  14:00:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I journal I tend to write about things that happened in the past or present.

I usually follow up with a question. So for instance, " my mom called me fat " the question i'd ask myself is how did it make me feel that the time? I would it make me feel now?

People use different ways of getting better. I try to journal as if there is a therapist asking me questions.

Alot of people on the boards do not journal because it makes them feel worst, tms pain now emotional pain. Certainly my pains get worst when I am upset or anxious. It is normal to journal alot when you discover Sarno and then gradually taper off. There is only so much you can rehash.

Many factors exist depending on your childhood, current stressors etc.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000