TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Another symptom rears its ugly head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  22:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't been posting much but do check in from time to time.

My newest symptom is bad neck pain with headaches sometimes lasting the whole day. I never used to get headaches & it is horrible for me The pain extends all the way up my left shoulder into my neck & jaw & sometimes behind my eye. I am most comfortable when I'm lying down but when I get up in the morning the headache starts within 15 minutes. It is as if the muscles are straining to keep the head upright.

So I went to see a doctor yesterday who then took xrays. There is complete straightening of the neck, there is no normal curvature & there is facet joint arthroses . In other words arthritis of joints.

Of course I know what Sarno says facet joints being a normal aging thing which doesn't cause pain but would like some thoughts/assurance especially from people who have had the same problem & successfully overcome them.

I have been more active for about 6 weeks now walking for nearly an hour to an hour and half at least 5 days a week.

Thanks

Mala Singh Barber. I'm on facebook. Look me up

Edited by - mala on 06/14/2013 02:35:49

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  07:01:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I of course dont know but based on my own neck issues i bet the findings you describe are not at all new and would have showed up at a time you had no pain in that area. At one point i got a similar explanation re arthritis but when i checked my records i had had neck xrays many years beforenwith essentially the same findings although no pain at the time. The xrays were done for a different reason. Degenerative changes and loss of curvature from what i know are very slow processes taking years to develop. It seems relatively unlikely to me they are a cause of new pain particularly if you have had lots of pain symptoms before. Of course i am not qualified to give medical advice it is just my reaction.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  07:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mala,
Of course you know the drill by now.

The good news is that each new symptom affords an opportunity to see more deeply into the amazingly powerful relationship between body and mind, and to strengthen our ever growing understanding of the true nature of our pain.

I'm afraid I'm not all that bright, and so it took me a long time to truly get this. I had the same problem that many of us have, which is that I found it very hard to believe that my brain could (and would) create what are really very powerful mirages of sensation. We're programmed on a cellular level to interpret pain as something terrible and dangerous, which is why it's so difficult not to keep our pain alive by feeding it its daily ration of fear.

I had a doctor...a very good doctor at least in terms of reputation...tell me that my knee was so arthritic I not only needed surgery, I'd never be able to run again. That was when I was in my early 40's. I'm now in my early 60's and I'm still out there plugging along. Any slower and I'd probably fall over, but at least I'm doing it, which is more than most of my contemporaries are able to do..

Edited by - art on 06/14/2013 07:55:48
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  14:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if they have it in Hong Kong or not but here in the USA I sometimes saw people who had pets would install something called "invisible fence" around their property. It is use to keep their pets from going outside the property line. The pets would wear a specially designed neck collar. The collar would give the pet an electrical shock whenever he is a few feet from the property line. After a few shocks, the pet just "learned" to stay inside the line. Even when the collar is removed, the pet will not cross the line.

It is similar to a kind of hopeless victim mentality. When the victim were abuse, torture everyday and there is no way to escape, overtime the victim just "accept" his/her situation and just stay there and endure the abuse. Even when an opportunity to escape later exist, many of the victim couldn't make the move to escape. We see this often in abusive relationship. It is like a kind of learned behavior or learn mentality. When hopelessness exist for so long, the victim tend to stay victim even when life present an escape route.

Long term tms/anxiety sufferers sometime developed this mentality. The hopeless feeling was there for so long. The suffering existed for so many years, they just could not believe that anything could possibly "cure" them. The longer they've been suffered, the tougher it is for them to gain enough confidence to believe in any of the so called Mind body treatment methods.

this is what I'm suspecting is what happened to you Mala. You've been here for so long. You know enough about mind body knowledge to write a book, and yet you're still suffering from mind body illnesses. Many people would love to have what you're having and yet you're not half as happy as they are.

If what I'm suspecting is correct then all you have to do is challenging any and all of those negative thoughts that enter your mind. Get rid of them all, shift your focus away from any thoughts that is negative and keep doing that for a month. That should take care of all your tms/anxiety problems. Guaranty.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

dgreen97

122 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  15:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I had a doctor...a very good doctor at least in terms of reputation...tell me that my knee was so arthritic I not only needed surgery, I'd never be able to run again. That was when I was in my early 40's. I'm now in my early 60's and I'm still out there plugging along. Any slower and I'd probably fall over, but at least I'm doing it, which is more than most of my contemporaries are able to do..

i can't stand when doctors tell people this kind of stuff.. "you'll never walk again, you'll never run again, your back is screwed for life" or in my case it was "you will always have eyestrain problems when looking up close" its all bull**** and its a terrible nocebo effect. i can tell you i definitely got worse 2 years ago when this optometrist told me that. after i came out of his office i was worse than when i went in, and in the car driving home I had a terrible sense of fear and doom in me like I was screwed now.

Personally I think a doctor should never say such things to people because its not helping, it can actually make it much worse because you fear it a lot more then. Supposedly its because doctors have to tell you the truth (i forgot what the term was for that) but how many times have we seen now where people are still living 20 years later after a doctor told them they would die in 3 from cancer? i think its their belief they are going to live.

my dad had a really rare form of cancer and if he laid down and said i'm screwed, im going to die, he would have but since he pushed through it hes still alive.
Go to Top of Page

dgreen97

122 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  15:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i mean seriously i paid this guy 80 bucks to make me worse? what is that. hes like "your eyes are too far apart, you're going to have to live with this, dont worry about it" oh yeah thanks i'll walk out of here with a super optimistic view on it now. what a douche
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2013 :  11:32:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dgreen97

quote:

i can't stand when doctors tell people this kind of stuff.. "you'll never walk again, you'll never run again, your back is screwed for life" or in my case it was "you will always have eyestrain problems when looking up close" its all bull**** and its a terrible nocebo effect. i can tell you i definitely got worse 2 years ago when this optometrist told me that. after i came out of his office i was worse than when i went in, and in the car driving home I had a terrible sense of fear and doom in me like I was screwed now.

Personally I think a doctor should never say such things to people because its not helping, it can actually make it much worse because you fear it a lot more then. Supposedly its because doctors have to tell you the truth (i forgot what the term was for that) but how many times have we seen now where people are still living 20 years later after a doctor told them they would die in 3 from cancer? i think its their belief they are going to live.

my dad had a really rare form of cancer and if he laid down and said i'm screwed, im going to die, he would have but since he pushed through it hes still alive.

Hey dgreen,

I agree with you completely. There are always different ways to say things...He could have just as easily said....my doctor that is...well, you've got some substantial arthritis going on, but everyone's different. You might do very well."

How hard would that have been? In any case, after a few weeks of depression I finally said to myself.."Screw it. I just don't believe him." And off I went...

(of course I don't recommend that as a standard response to medical opinion. the thing is, these guys are often wrong though)

Excellent news on your dad, by the way.

Edited by - art on 06/15/2013 11:34:04
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  09:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had doctor after doctor and other medical practitioners tell me that my thoracic disc herniation was a life sentence of pain. This happened after my PCP missed for two years a horribly infected gallbladder that grew to the size of a summer squash in my gut and actually looked like a tumor. Because I had no traditional gallbladder symptoms, and because I was taking care of my terminal uncle and terminal friend, I disregarded it and believed it to be a hernia. I had it removed by emergency surgery literally hours before it burst. I was hours away from possibly dying.

My father was told point blank by an oncologist that all of the chemo meds he was taking would fail. I saw him die (figuratively) that day, and literally six months later.

"Do no harm" does not seem to be in the medical lexicon anymore. Even practicing CYA medicine by sending terrified patients off for tests that doctors know are not necessary fall into the harm category. This often sends patients over the edge in anxiety.

I am terrified of doctors. The few times I've had to go see one after all this, my "white coat" b/p has gone through the roof.

Many doctors are so removed from the study of the entire body, much less the mind and the body, and so specialized that they do not even realize how they harm patients.

Maybe ObamaCare will do us all a favor by making a doctor visit a near impossibility, though we will not be able to escape the insurance premiums.

"Bridges Freeze Before Roads"
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  11:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEAR, HEAR! EXCELLENT POST BACK2-IT!

CHEERS,
tt
Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  19:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive had every symptom known on this forum... ive been gone for about 9 months...im here to tell you right now 98% of the people on this forum are suffering from stress...yes...stress ...that simple...you cant have stress chemicals wandering around your body without symptoms.. its that simple... ive been pain free for 9 months and there is no turning back now....I wish everyone the best...sarno is a genius! you just need to get it....stress...just because you cant see it doesn't mean it isn't there!
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  21:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your responses. Just to let you know that I have read them & appreciate your input. I am writing this coz I know how annoying it can be when people start a thread & then don't bother acknowledging or following up. I will post some thoughts later. Just drove up to China yesterday & has been a hectic few days.
Mala

Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  05:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pspa I agree that a straight neck does not mean pain. At least I understand it intellectually.
Art, I should know the drill by now but with each new symptom I am becoming more & more fearful. I am really suffering & can’t seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel despite all that I know & have read about TMS

Balto I know exactly what you mean about the conditioning of those dogs. I feel like one of them Trapped. Only I feel that the dog is luckier than I am coz maybe it doesn’t even know its trapped . It can’t intellectualize it. I think I am more fearful now that ever before. I am despondent. Despite being in so much pain I have tried to live as if nothing is wrong, doing everything I possible can as normally as I can. I still have a somewhat active life but with no real enjoyment. From the time I get up till the time I go to bed I am in pain & obsessing about it.

I can honestly say that I have challenged every symptom forcing myself to continue. I have been having neck pain but I force myself to lift things, to drive. I had some considerable burning in my vagina recently. The doctor thinks its vaginal atrophy due to lack of estrogen, which can lead to thinning of the vaginal walls. She gave me some cream. I used it for a week. I read that I shouldn’t eat spicy food & no alcohol so I deliberately started doing both & it went away only to be replaced by headaches. Then 3 weeks ago I resumed exercise by going for long walks. Then last week I went bowling & next day the burning down below starts again as if I strained something especially where I have my fibroid. Now its excruciating again . Non stop. Last 2 days I have curled up into a ball and have been crying. I am really at my wits end. I have even been having really bad thought, I’m ashamed to say.

Back2 it, like you I am tired of doing the doctors rounds not because they are bad or incompetent or negative, but becoz they don’t offer much.

I was a healthy person right up till I was 40. I was fearless. I can honestly say I did not find myself on every page of sarno’s book like many here claim. I have not discovered anything new about myself nor found myself. I am not a better person becoz of the pain. In fact I want my old life back I want the old mala back.

I hate this. I don't know where to go & what else to do.

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  06:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mala are you taking anti-depressants?

Are you seeing a psychotherapist?

Have you ever seen a TMS doctor or practitioner?
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  07:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mala

...Art, I should know the drill by now but with each new symptom I am becoming more & more fearful. I am really suffering & can’t seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel despite all that I know & have read about TMS

Sometimes knowing less is more. It is a system problem and relating it all to specific maladies only keeps the fear of the fear alive. Ignorance is sometimes bliss and cure.

quote:
Balto I know exactly what you mean about the conditioning of those dogs. I feel like one of them Trapped. Only I feel that the dog is luckier than I am coz maybe it doesn’t even know its trapped . It can’t intellectualize it. I think I am more fearful now that ever before. I am despondent. Despite being in so much pain I have tried to live as if nothing is wrong, doing everything I possible can as normally as I can. I still have a somewhat active life but with no real enjoyment. From the time I get up till the time I go to bed I am in pain & obsessing about it.

Mala, it appears that you are "putting up with it" and not accepting the cause, which is panic and fear of the fear of the symptoms and pain. As dear old Dr. Weekes uses to say in that lovely Aussie accent: "you must utterly accept the symptoms..." and " function with the painful neck or stiff this or that, because it is just as good and functional as the "old" Mala self -- only different for awhile. WILLINGNESS to accept and continue will lead to improvement, I promise. Notice "willingness".

quote:
I can honestly say that I have challenged every symptom forcing myself to continue. I have been having neck pain but I force myself to lift things, to drive. I had some considerable burning in my vagina recently. The doctor thinks its vaginal atrophy due to lack of estrogen, which can lead to thinning of the vaginal walls. She gave me some cream. I used it for a week. I read that I shouldn’t eat spicy food & no alcohol so I deliberately started doing both & it went away only to be replaced by headaches. Then 3 weeks ago I resumed exercise by going for long walks. Then last week I went bowling & next day the burning down below starts again as if I strained something especially where I have my fibroid. Now its excruciating again . Non stop. Last 2 days I have curled up into a ball and have been crying. I am really at my wits end. I have even been having really bad thought, I’m ashamed to say.

Again, back to Dr. Weekes: do not challenge or test the symptoms, but rather "practice" normal functioning, because with practice you have the chance to better yourself each time, while testing is pass or fail, and failure leads to despair, while practice leads to hope. Have you listened to her CD? Much better than the book, in my opinion, because the resonance and strength of what she is saying is better heard than read. My opinion.

quote:
Back2 it, like you I am tired of doing the doctors rounds not because they are bad or incompetent or negative, but becoz they don’t offer much.

It is because they cannot offer much to a person in panic, because they do not know how, and that is not what allopathic doctors do. I might add that many "TMS" doctors, while meaning well, cannot offer physiological explanations for your pain, because of their unfamiliarity with the effects of severe muscle hypertonicity and referred pain. Most doctors spend very little time in study and practice with muscular and skeletal studies, and the tendency for specialization further removes them from the overall body mechanics, so while they can pronounce you "healthy" they can still not tell you why you hurt. A serious weak leg on the stool of recovery, in my opinion.

quote:
I was a healthy person right up till I was 40. I was fearless. I can honestly say I did not find myself on every page of sarno’s book like many here claim. I have not discovered anything new about myself nor found myself. I am not a better person becoz of the pain. In fact I want my old life back I want the old mala back.

The old Mala never left, only has encountered fear and panic and can regain the past by understanding the main impediment to "cure" is FEAR OF THE FEAR.

quote:

Facebook -- the most perpetuating cause of social isolation and faux interaction ever invented. Someday people will look back and wonder why we idiots substituted digital pixels for real life interaction.

Edited by - Back2-It on 06/20/2013 07:07:41
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  07:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mala, the one thing that jump out from your post is FEAR. Your life, your thoughts are full of FEAR.
Instead of working on your symptoms, work on eliminate your FEAR.

The symptoms are physical or mind, who care, so what, you don't have to fear it. Fear only make your symptoms worse even if it is truly physical.

No fear no pain. Pure and simple.
No one can get rid of their symptoms without letting go of their fear. No one.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

indiana

Denmark
70 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  11:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pspa I agree that a straight neck does not mean pain. At least I understand it intellectually.
Art, I should know the drill by now but with each new symptom I am becoming more & more fearful. I am really suffering & can’t seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel despite all that I know & have read about TMS

I am sorry for your pain.
I am very new to TMS so I cannot give you any advice on that having strange symptoms myself and still struggling. I have a theory though that part of my condition is due to hormonal imbalance and that could be the reason for other women (specially being in the menopause) having all sorts of disturbances in their bodies.
As an example when I was in puberty I had these very red cheeks and got all hot all the time specially when I woke in the morning. Extremely annoying. It disappeared again when I had my children and reappeared stronger than ever when I went into menopause. There is not much to be done about it, certainly not taking pills.
I started doing yoga exercises in winter, mainly for my back and stiff neck but also to calm me down. They are a few very simple back exercises such as the cat and one called downward facing dog. I do them every day at the same time for about half an hour. Sometimes less. This has helped a great deal for my back, neck and jaw pain and therefore for my well being. The last few years I got severe back pain in my lower back as soon as I started gardening in spring. This year I feel nothing and my back feels quite good. I can bend and lift and do anything.
Apart from eating healthy food with a lot of herbs I drink peppermint tea every evening and also eat a lot of ginger in and with my food and take turmeric pills. I read that this is good for your immune system. Even though your pain is TMS it can never harm you to do yoga (it is also distracting) and eat well.
I can also recommend the homepage of Andrew Weil. He gives some good advice.
All the best
Marlis
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  21:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TT, I am not taking any antidepressants. None of the docs think I need it. I was seeing a therapist but she turned out to be more interested in selling me things & asking me to detox & do energy healing.

Balto & Back2it, I am not denying that I have fear. Its very obvious. How do you function 'normally' with pain. You say that I should accept. Well for me acceptance means going about doing what I can as normally as possible.

Maybe you guys could be more specific. For example how would you go about functioning normally when your head hurts like hell or you can't sit or concentrate on anything not even reading a book coz it burns 'down there' so much. What I do is get up & keep going best I can. Do like it ?of course not, does it bother me of course it does. So what specific techniques do you have that u could share with me. Just saying don't fear & accept is not really helping. Maybe you could give examples of how you guys did it. that would help a lot.

Back2it, sorry u r so negative about Facebook. I love it coz it has helped me to stay in touch with my family & friends & locate my students from around the world. I know every single one of the 500 odd people except for 4 whom I don't know personally but are actually from this forum. I have reunited with long lost friends I went to school with in India, I have a group of 250 ex Gurkha students whom I taught here in Hk. They r married, have kids & let me know what's happening & we often meet up when they r here or I am in their part of the world. I have visited them in England, Nepal & Sri Lanka. I have my group of literature students & we review books, films & I go to their weddings & meet their kids coz they know how to get in touch with me. Nothing wrong with that really. Its quite the opposite of what you think it is.

Marlis, thank you for yr very kind words. Yes hormonal changes can be horrid. I too do yoga & take natural stuff. I take ginger tea everyday . And eat a predominately eastern diet with fish, veggies, clear soups. I was recently given some estrogen tablets for vaginal irritation. I'm reluctant to use them coz I have uterine fibroids & estrogen actually makes them grow. I'm looking for something natural . Sigh! Quality of life isn't what it used to be. Do you have any other symptoms apart from the red cheeks? I have actually read Andrew Weil . Have got a couple of his books.

take care all.

Mala

Edited by - mala on 06/21/2013 21:32:56
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  21:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mala - sorry to hear you are in so much pain. i used to take tylenol 3s to be able to get out of bed in the morning. Where i live,
there is a local woman who has a supplement company that is really popular, her name is Lorna Vanderhaghe. You can google her name to
read about her books and supplements. My wife was taking hormone supplements, but stopped and I am going to also talk to her about it.
(when i feel brave). I have a niece with type 1 diabetes who took 1 of her products and lost weight, and was able to lower her insulin
injections. I think hormones/pain/depression are linked. You are far away and can't poke my eyes out, so i feel comfortable telling you
this. Best wishes, Al
Go to Top of Page

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  23:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Balto & Back2it, I am not denying that I have fear. Its very obvious. How do you function 'normally' with pain. You say that I should accept. Well for me acceptance means going about doing what I can as normally as possible.

I did the same thing, went about my business, but never gave in, surrendered to the pain, fought it on different levels at different times, which kept me tensed. I "put up with it", in other words. Instead of going with the current, floating, I would still at some level be swimming upstream.

Also you know you have fear, but when you realize you have fear of the fear (essentially programed panic), then you reach a more sublime level.

My pain was chronic and constant and hurt walking, standing and sitting. When I finally understood that I was afraid of my fear, I calmed my self by just telling myself that it was anxiety, and that anxiety was tensing my muscles and contorting them in ways I could not even understand. The constant repeating of this idea -- thinking psychologically, I guess-- desensitized me. For instance, when I jogged in severe pain, and it felt like my side was ripping out, I had to consciously run that script through my head.

Sorry I cannot be more specific. Maybe reading closely word by word Ace1's Keys will add to further understanding.

quote:
Back2it, sorry u r so negative about Facebook. I love it coz it has helped me to stay in touch with my family & friends & locate my students from around the world. I know every single one of the 500 odd people except for 4 whom I don't know personally but are actually from this forum. I have reunited with long lost friends I went to school with in India, I have a group of 250 ex Gurkha students whom I taught here in Hk. They r married, have kids & let me know what's happening & we often meet up when they r here or I am in their part of the world. I have visited them in England, Nepal & Sri Lanka. I have my group of literature students & we review books, films & I go to their weddings & meet their kids coz they know how to get in touch with me. Nothing wrong with that really. Its quite the opposite of what you think it is.

Don't be sorry about my negative views on FB. Everybody has their likes and dislikes. You have found it positive; I have found it to be a poor substitution for real life interaction. I also find it very mundane and boring. How many pictures of Spot do I have to or want to see? Or pithy quotes copped from low grade self-help authors? To each his and her own. I think when its effects are finally studied, many decades from now, it will prove to be a net negative in the way humans relate, but if it is something you like then enjoy it the way you wish. I personally use smoke signals because I'm kind of a traditionalist and and enjoy the challenge of crafting a message out of smoke.

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  23:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...I was seeing a therapist but she turned out to be more interested in selling me things & asking me to detox & do energy healing.

This behavior sounds like no psychotherapist I've ever heard of, if not unethical. Try to find one that is TMS savvy.
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2013 :  02:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Al, Thx for the info on Lorna Vanderhaghe. I have been to her site & it looks interesting. She has written a lot of articles that I'm going to browse thru. If its not too personal may I ask why your wife was taking hormones? Don't worry if u feel you can't say & gosh no Al I would never poke your eyes out. You have always been very kind & helpful to me & I appreciate yr support a lot. Regarding the connection between pain, hormones & depression I agree with u completely but its not an easy relationship to figure out. I know for a fact that I was 100% OK till I had my fibroids removed when I was 40. I was never sick, didn't even know what depression was, never had any issues with my periods before that. In fact I had 7 fibroids & never had pain nor bleeding. The only way they were discovered was because i was very thin at the time except for my tummy which had started to look abnormally big. Everything started happening after that bl...dy operation. Its the chicken & egg situation. Which came first.

I didn't know what Tylenol 3 was till I looked it up. Its tylenol with codeine. Isn't that pretty powerful. Hope u don't have to take those any more though I wouldn't mind some myself.

Back2it
quote:
I did the same thing, went about my business, but never gave in, surrendered to the pain, fought it on different levels at different times, which kept me tensed. I "put up with it", in other words. Instead of going with the current, floating, I would still at some level be swimming upstream.

Also you know you have fear, but when you realize you have fear of the fear (essentially programed panic), then you reach a more sublime level.

My pain was chronic and constant and hurt walking, standing and sitting. When I finally understood that I was afraid of my fear, I calmed my self by just telling myself that it was anxiety, and that anxiety was tensing my muscles and contorting them in ways I could not even understand. The constant repeating of this idea -- thinking psychologically, I guess-- desensitized me. For instance, when I jogged in severe pain, and it felt like my side was ripping out, I had to consciously run that script through my head.

Thx for that. Its very useful. May I ask how you do the current 'floating' thing.

quote:

Don't be sorry about my negative views on FB. Everybody has their likes and dislikes. You have found it positive; I have found it to be a poor substitution for real life interaction.

I have found that it has enhanced real life interaction. But anyway to each his own.

TT

Very hard to find good therapists here in HK let alone one who is TMS savvy. This is the second one that I have seen. The first started making me do EFT within 15 minutes of my first session after I told her about my back pain. Sigh.

Regards All
Mala

Edited by - mala on 06/22/2013 03:32:57
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000