TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New Free TMS Recovery Program by Alan Gordon, LCSW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  16:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, TT, no worries at all! I would have responded sooner, but I've been incredibly busy working on launching the program and other projects. Before I started the TMS Wiki, I had absolutely no idea how much behind the scenes work it takes to run a 501(c)3 nonprofit. I'm working more than full time on it at this point and plan to keep doing so for at least the next two years. I even have a 30 hour a week assistant! It's all out of pocket, too, but I don't regret one bit of it because I can still remember my darkest days. I would have given anything I had to get my life back before I found the good doctor's work. But now I'm free.

Anyway, sometimes it takes me a little while to respond to threads, but I do my best to follow up eventually.

Thanks for your kind post, TT. I am proud to be able to call you a friend. You are one of the real "lions" of this forum. ... "Lion" is a term I made up for someone who has such a powerful and reassuring voice that it helps others heal. As Steve Ozanich wrote in The Great Pain Deception, "we are as strong as we believe ourselves to be—no more and no less." You help people understand how strong they really are, thereby healing them.

It's been a while since we've talked, TT, and I'd love to talk on the phone some time. The same goes for everyone here. I am continually amazed at how smart the members of the TMS forums are. So many fascinating perspectives! It's been a real pleasure getting those of you I've had the good fortune to talk with. We need to unify the movement and, because we are so small, that means getting to know anyone who is willing to take the time to post and help others. When I've spoken with Steve Ozanich recently, one topic that has come up again and again is the vital importance of unifying this movement. As just about always, I think he is absolutely right.

So if anyone wants to get more involved, wants to ask a question, or even just chat, please feel free to give me a call. I just got another phone line for my TMS work, so I don't even mind posting my number online. It's 1 (857) 250-3999.

In terms of getting more involved, periodically I get calls from TMS doctors and therapists who are looking for someone to talk to their patients to give them a TMSer's view, and I'm working on coming up with a list of people who are willing to take calls like that. Also, I help run a drop in chat every Saturday and we are always looking for moderators to help people out. There are many many other opportunities as well.

One person I would really love to get in touch with is Ace1. I'd love to interview you or even do a webinar. I thought it might be great for this community and could help a lot of people over the years. Likewise, TT, Balto, or anyone else willing to share their story, I'd love to interview you about your success story, like the ones with Nicole Sachs anf Andrew Miller. Success stories were hugely helpful in my recovery, and we are working on making a full YouTube channel of them to help get the message out.

Anyway, thanks for your interest in the TMS Recovery Program that Alan just donated. I'm working through it a second time myself, and I keep on learning new things. It's only 13 pages and an hour of audio, but there are a LOT of great ideas in there.

PS.
Speaking of Steve Ozanich and "lions," I explained the term to Steve in an email yesterday. He's been posting a lot at the wiki's forum recently and he signed one of his recent posts as follows:
Steve
Roar!
… it absolutely cracked me up. I'm not known for my sense of humor (unlike TT or Steve O), but I love that he didn't even bother to explain it. It seems consistent with his message to enjoy life so much that you can make a joke that only you will understand.

My Video Success Story
www.thankyoudrsarno.org
Go to Top of Page

forestfortrees

393 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  18:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention that there will be a call in discussion group in about 45 minutes (9:00 PM Eastern Time) about Alan's recovery program. It will be super casual, just a bunch of people on a phone line chatting. I'll be there, njoy will be there, as will a bunch of other people (it's always hard to tell how many will be there in advance). I'd love love love it if any of you would like to join in: TT, Ace, Bryan, PSPA, Fox, Darko, dgreen, LA_Kevin, etc. I've read many posts by each of you.

To join in, Dial 1 646 583 7415. When prompted, enter the pin code 21558901 . Alternatively, if you want to connect via computer and see some of us on webcam, visit http://go.tmswiki.org/connect for full details.

F

Edited by - forestfortrees on 06/11/2013 18:23:30
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000