TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Stubborn Hillbilly gets better
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

stipecro

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  04:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have read some of these success stories on this website ,i have to say that this has to be the most descriptive of me,

after reading your OP i pretty much sat there thinking "damn i do all of what you wrote" i got injured 3.5 years ago from squatting like a maniac, at this time i was very social, a class clown type of guy, handsome (nothing special but not ugly ;)) i was happy, energetic and so on , went from a hard working teen to a depressed adult in that time and in many ways have given up on life, i make the standard excuse as to why i won't do a specific job, go out with friends, do certain chores around the house, it's always the same, how can i when i've got an injured back... needless to say my scan came back with me having almost no damage, but yet i still had the abundance of pain .

i see this back pain as an physical distraction from what life has to offer, seeing myself as a working man, paying bills and so forth seems like something i would be unhappy with all of a sudden, i basically have realized that until i change the way i view working, being responsible, socializing with people i will never really get better,

when i went to croatia with my parents, brother, and cousin years ago the amount of people past there 70's who are hunched over and still working all day long whilst pretty much saying that there's some pain but that's life was almost unrealistic to me, how can i possibly give up at 20 years of age when i have barely started to live?, and what good can continuing like this possibly do for me?,

i am now going to be studying to become a sport teacher and have started to do chores around the house, I'm going for a run and exercising when ever i can, and surprisingly i feel emotionally better, and complain less about my pain, of course i still feel it for the time being as i haven't changed the way i do things for that long, but i have basically started to see life as something more then a couch, tv, back pain and sadness

thanks for this post bud, sometimes a big kick in the ass is what needs to be done as oppose to the typical "don't worry man things will just get better" type of of response

life is filled with pain, emotional stress and bad situations, but regardless of how you choose to live your life that won't change, but what can change is how you react, and for me it's either stay a couch potato in constant pain thinking about my past where i was in good shape and happy or make that happen again with real life actions
Go to Top of Page

n/a

6 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2013 :  07:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I LOVE the Hillbilly!

Thanks

Edited by - n/a on 08/13/2014 02:18:33
Go to Top of Page

njoy

Canada
188 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2014 :  00:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hillbilly said, "There is a point at which a person becomes willing to have their pain or gurgling gut or dizziness or weak legs. This is the point at which they go away. It is an amazing thing to allow yourself to suffer, which by definition is its antithesis, which ends it forever. The reason you suffer is because you are unwilling to have these symptoms. If you were, you wouldn't have them. This isn't some mantra chant from eastern religion, but a fact that you can live in your own life. Be willing to suffer and you end all suffering. Think that over. Invite your pain to increase, and you will see that it will diminish.

Once you have reached a point where nothing can affect you in the way it now does, you will be rid of the pain forever. It will have no purpose in continuing. You won't dread it. You won't pine for it to be gone. You will have figured out that it is, as Art states, a manifestation of stress, which only grows as you add your own reactive stress to it. Without this reaction, it is a normal occurrence, no different than sweating out a sports game on the couch."

This is exactly what I needed to hear! Wow.

----------
Currently on about IFS (Internal Family Systems). More info here: http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/parts-therapy-and-ifs-internal-family-systems.34/
----------
Proud member of tmshelp.com since 2005.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000