TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Hives?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  10:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello:

Has anybody had problem with hives? I seem to have them around my chest/throat area. TMS wasn't able to keep my attention with pain, so now it it's trying to do so with hives.

And it's doing a good job, because it's hard to ignore the ticklish/itchy feeling I have. It is really doing a good job of diverting my attention.

My psychological issues. I've been having spiritual experiences lately that a part of my mind apparently doesn't like (it wants to cling to old definitions of life and who I am). No, I'm not going nuts. I feel perfectly sane except for these stupid hives. Thanks for any advice anybody has.

moose1

162 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  10:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, I get them...usually on my feet, and they're a very obvious TMS equivalent for me. For example, I almost always get some TMS thing when I visit my family, especially during big get-togethers when the whole clan is there. Over Christmas I had huge, insanely itchy hives on the soles of my feet the entire time I was home. As soon as the holiday was over, so were the hives. I just wish my low back pain would behave the same way, but it's clearly way more stubborn than the hives are. Also, there are strong anti-histamines out there that are pretty good at controlling the hives.

Best,
Moose
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  10:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Albert.

I haven't had hives,but my wife gets them like clockwork..she works in retail and gets them right after thanksgiving and they go away around christmas.

she gets them everywhere except the face...she looks like someone loaded a hopper gun with red paint and textured her.

My guess is that she is a devout christian who thinks christmas is too commercialized,but to survie has to take part in something she spiritually is opposed to.

Also,she only gets like one day off the whole month(christmas day) and you can imagine how that would enrage a subconscious.

I never even knew what a hive was until I married her....it thought they were just little things...she looks like a palomino pony!!

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  11:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Albert-I had an awful attack of them right before my big back attack. I had three seperate waves of them lasting about 6 weeks in total. Mostly across my chest and underarm area. Nothing would slow them up. Just when they would seem to clear up they would begin anew. Interestingly enough, now that I know they are tms, I was able to stop an attack of them in about 2 days. Several months ago,I had a very stressful situation and I noticed a couple on my legs as I was getting in the shower. I just laughed and totally ignored them. They disappeared with absolutely no discomfort. They are miserable but totally harmless and totally tms.
Go to Top of Page

Lou

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  12:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 1st TMS experience (although I was unaware) was with allergies. I got a an attack of anaphalitic (sp) shock while mowing the lawn. I broke out in hives and had to go to the hospital. They wrote it off as a bee sting although we could not find the bite location.

From that day on I would break out in hives whenever I broke a sweat. I went to the top allergists and immunologists in the NYc area. I ended up on steriods and antihistamines for a few years. Eventually, the medicine controlled the hives and what a surprise I started having back pain. When I finally found my way to Dr. Sarno's office. He directed me to stop taking my daily dose of antihistamines and forget about the hives. Its been almost 3 years and no hives! I am still battling other TMS pains, but I do not even give the hives a 2nd thought. As I learned about TMS, I was able to see that I was under a lot of stress at the time I broke out with the hives including a bad breakup where I had to get a court order against a my former girlfriend. I even moved out of my house for several weeks to avoid the stalker issue. At the time I was oblivious to the incredible stress this was creating. I was in my early 20's and thought myself to be bulletproof.
Go to Top of Page

miehnesor

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  13:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never had hives in my life- that is until a month or so ago. They were definitely annoying and lasted about 2 weeks. I also had a chest cold virus at the time and was told that that could trigger the hives. Therefore, I don't know if this was another TMS symptom or not.I'm surprised to see so many sharing here that their hives were TMS related. It's amazing what the mind can do.
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  17:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everybody.

I just spoke to my boss to let her know that the itching is driving me crazy, and she said that 4 other people in my work area have hives too. 5 out of 10 people. They're the same size as mine. So maybe in this case they are physical. Go figure.
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  17:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...or,maybe your work place is SO stressful that you have group TMS...don't laugh.even Sarno talks about back pain in that context.

Than again,I have no Idea what causes hives besides stress...

I didn't know it was contagious.

out

Marc

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

smth416

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  20:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never had hives, but in November when my TMS pain started I broke out with severe acne. I never got acne in my teens.
I saw a Dermatologist and was diagnosed with "adult cystic acne" and given a five month supply of Accutane. If you arte not familiar with it Accutane can have severe side effect like depression.
Three and a half months later I saw only slight improvement. After diagnosing myself with TMS my acne cleeard in two weeks. People couln't believe how quick it happened.
Since I have not had side effects, ill continue the accutane for another month and a half, but have no doubt acne was a TMS equivalent and would stop the drug but the doc says it can't hurt.
Go to Top of Page

Albert

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  10:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if it's hives. The lessions aren't paint ball size. They're pimple size. The other people who got them said that their skin turned black and blue after they scratched them. That hasn't happened to me. I haven't scratched them alot. I figured if it's TMS I don't want to give in.

On the other hand, I did put hydrocortisone cream on them last night, and they feel better today. Some of the people in my office got rid of them that way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000