TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Seborrhoeic dermatitis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Benjamin Thomas

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  18:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am opening this new topic, since there is little info about SD and TMS out there, especially personal experience of how to deal with it. For example, I have been dealing with pain before and leaving the painkillers away was not too bad. But with skin issues, leaving medication away is not so easy.
This relates to a post I made earlier this week and any help is greatly appreciated!

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  19:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

At the height of my TMS I had seborrhoeic dermatitis. Still have to be careful. When they took the top of my cornea off a couple years ago my face turned red (rosacea-anger) and the dermatitis tried to return.

Don't stop medication. People make this mistake a lot. They think treating every symptom is like stopping physical therapy. They're not the same things. If you have unbearable heartburn you still take the relieving stomach medicine even though it's TMS. You treat bad symptoms with medicine even if they're TMS. But not with physical therapy.

Treat your skin but work on your stress, and taper the meds as you go. Always know that the meds can also trigger the symptoms. So they are temporary reliefs as you do the hard work on your life...the yin chases the yang and becomes it...eventually...

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Benjamin Thomas

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  19:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your fast reply and detailed reply! So I guess the trick is to slowly decrease the meds, while decreasing TMS triggers. Did you get completely cured? I cannot even leave the bathroom after a shower, without applying a cream or moisturizer, my skin is falling apart otherwise. Later it's very oily, but when wiped off, super-dry again.
Go to Top of Page

SteveO

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  19:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The skin's thermo-regulatory response is controlled by the ANS, just like bloodflow, digestion, breathing, etc--all the functions that the involuntary system controls.

This involuntary arena also happens to be where habits and emotions live. When we're not in harmony our systems get out of balance, and all, or any, will become erratic. I never used to sweat when I was in pain. My football teammates would poke fun at me in the 100 degree weather, "SteveO is too cool." But it was the "heat" underneath causing the ANS problems.

When I found Dr. Sarno's work and began to heal from pain, I began to sweat. I've also seen the reverse, females who perspired (women don't sweat) so heavily they were embarrassed to go out with people, and once they healed from TMS they began to perspire normally. It's a balance thingy, but there are hormones involved too. One influences the other.

No one will ever know what mix does what though, and why should they? If people just become happier their symptoms resolve. Stop worrying about what is occurring medically/scientifically. That's what got us into this mess. Studies and reports and worry.

I am completely cured of it, unless I get really stressed of course. We will never be without something in our lives if we lead dynamic lives of purpose without fear. But who can live with no fear? However, symptoms pass quickly in harmony and symptoms never stay around.

So taper meds, do as your doc says for now. But when you work on your life your skin will be better. Life is a work in progress. But then so is death.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Benjamin Thomas

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  20:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, thank you so much! I really thought I had TMS overcome when I first got rid of a 5 year old pain. But then again, TMS sticks with you all your life and finds new and creepy ways to drag you down. It's very hard for me to not focus on the skin issue at the moment; somehow the TMS message in relation to a skin condition has not sunken in completely. When I first started the Sarno treatment for my pain, it took me weeks and weeks of convincing myself that nothing is wrong with me, so will see how it goes this time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000