TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Saw Dr.Rashbaum today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  22:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I was an original patient of Dr.Sarno in 2005. If you look at my posts through out the years which has been few you can see I have done well.

I have been having groin pain on both sides and well as pain on both of my glutes and in between my private area's. The pains vary from sharp,pressure, dull ache, burning etc. Sometimes all those pains at once sometimes one other times it will move around from all those different area's I described.

I went to my GP and he did some blood work and checked the area said it feels fine and that this is probably stemming from my head. Saw Rashbaum and he concluded the same thing, was actually 90 percent better but wanted to establish a relationship with him for future reference.

I will admit Rashbaum seems like more of a structural guy where Sarno includes other things as TMS besides joint and muscle pains ie acne etc.

My pains seem to flare up when I have to work double at my job. Of course I am the perfectionist personality and want to please everyone, but now its coming at a price. My boss is a horrible sadistic person who has some personality disorder and I am going through many things on the home front.

My job makes the pains worst which is something I have not encountered. I would like to leave it but its tough getting a response out of my resume.

Has anyone has bad tms while at work? Because you hated work? How did you get through it? I notice at 11am is when things start to flare up.

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  22:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Danny, you have had 2 experts confirm that you have no structural problem. Accept it as that & be reassured. Don't doubt that.

You have identified yourself as a perfectionist. That is good too & you should know since you have had the privilege of seeing Sarno that perfectionist types are more likely to get TMS.

So we know that this pain too is very very likely to be TMS.

As a perfectionist most of the pressure you are experiencing will be self imposed.

As a people pleaser you are probably putting others before yourself & spending a lot of energy being nice.

All this is enraging.

Only you can decide how to put less pressure on yourself.

Make a list of things and decide how you can minimise the stress you r putting on yourself.

You r young, if you r not willing to change now & become aware of the traits that r causing you so much angst then this will become a lifelong problem.

Deal with it now.

Hope this helps.

mala

Mala Singh Barber. I'm on facebook. Look me up

Edited by - mala on 04/17/2013 23:01:06
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  04:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow mala surprised at the wonderful sound advice you just gave above.
Go to Top of Page

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  05:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by icelikeaninja

I have been having groin pain on both sides and well as pain on both of my glutes and in between my private area's. The pains vary from sharp,pressure, dull ache, burning etc. Sometimes all those pains at once sometimes one other times it will move around from all those different area's I described.

Has anyone has bad tms while at work? Because you hated work? How did you get through it? I notice at 11am is when things start to flare up.

The pain is very recognizable, only I experience it mainly at one side. The shifting too.

Stress at work is certainly a large factor. I agree it is all about finding the things that raise it and develop ways of preventing it. Hating the job is strongly connected to stress. I like the job when I am mellow.

I am not there yet, but what helps are ace's affirmations, setting borders to how far you can be pushed around and organizing your work.
Go to Top of Page

spaceladybaby

France
12 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  07:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the majority of my TMS symptoms stem from work also. When I wake in the morning my whole body is in pain..it's like the pain is trying with all its might to keep me in bed and not face the outside world. So I think its more fear based than anger based. I was out of work for a couple of years in my late 20's with depression. I had a very responsible job. This episode instilled in me, I think, a huge sense that I must not be very good at my job and I am really a failure. I think these days since I have resumed work in a fantastic company I feel like a fraud! It can actually be a self-fulfilling prophecy. All this pain is making me less productive and tired which only adds to the belief..It's a hard cycle to get out of. But yeah..mine is hugely fear based.I guess whether it's fear or anger based the TMS is highlighting that there is something we are emotionally uncomfortable with. I am trying ACE1's affirmations but I think it will take time. I think I always had the 'FEAR' looking back on my life which must come from an underlying belief that I am not good enough.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Edited by - spaceladybaby on 04/18/2013 07:08:02
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  07:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace thank you. I have learned much from this Forum especially from people like you, Balto, TT, Andy, Eric, RSR & many more. I think I do really understand the theory but I'm not for some reason able to apply it to my own situation.

Hence the question in my other post about whether or not it is TMS or not.

Anyway I hope my post is useful to Danny.

Mala

Go to Top of Page

chickenbone

Panama
398 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  12:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it just amazing how we can so clearly see things in others that we just do not see in ourselves or think we are the exception?

Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  20:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You r so right chickenbone . I just read my post again & thought that's pretty good advice Mala. Maybe I should practice what I preach more.

Mala

Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  06:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank's for the responses guys.

Yesterday was almost perfect with an occasional twinge but nothing I cant handle.

What's funny is this morning as I wake up I can feel the pain coming on again. I know this is purely work related for sure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000