TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The Ultimate Teeumass Cure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

njoy

Canada
188 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  14:56:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alix, I've probably mentioned this somewhere but will expand ... I first encountered a Meares book in 1969 when I was pregnant with my daughter. My son (born 14 months previously -- silly me) was transverse which was disastrous. So I was scared to death. Also, I was giving birth in a French hospital, basically no English spoken, and my French is not fluent.

So, I read the book (the subject was pain control) which had exactly one and a half pages on childbirth. Meares said not to worry if the method didn't work all that well because it will when you need it.

I couldn't really get into the method despite its simplicity. So my husband read from the book while I focused on listening to his words.

It worked perfectly. My daughter was also transverse (supposed to not happen, but it did) and I had no trouble at all. The only problem was that I made so little noise, and was so cheerful that the medical staff didn't notice I was ready to have the baby (full dilated) for an hour or so after they probably should have. Oh well, I was having a good time.

Too much detail? Sorry. Anyway, the method I used to have the baby is a bit more specific than the one I tried to describe above. But I have confidence that it is equally good.

"It's worth considering that tms is not a treatment but rather an unfolding of the self, and a way of living as an emotionally aware and engaged soul." Plum

Edited by - njoy on 03/09/2013 17:40:47
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  13:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting njoy. Do you think the pain relief can last?
When I was doing meditation, I could truly become pain free and the effect would continue for about 30 minutes afterward but then the pain would come back no matter what. There was nothing I could do that would extend the benefit of meditation.
Go to Top of Page

njoy

Canada
188 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  03:29:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had two experiences with extreme pain that I'm rather reluctant to talk about it because many people will undoubtedly think I'm just making it up for some reason. But what the heck, here goes ...

Years ago, I had some serious problems with my teeth and no money to deal with them. On two occasions I developed really bad infections (abscesses) and the pain got worse and worse (over a few days) until it eventually became excruciating. I believe in God so of course I was begging Him for help and getting no where. Eventually I got very upset and angry and thought "God is a jerk and I should just give up on getting any help from Him". But I found I didn't want to give up so I'd try again and again it wouldn't help the pain. I think this is pretty typical of certain kinds of experience with prayer and one result is a lot of really grumpy atheists.

Anyway, the point came where the pain was just too much and I felt I had a choice: either turn my back on God forever (not sure why that seemed like a good idea but it did) or just give up and give in. If this is what He wanted me to suffer then, okay, I'd suffer it. Well, both times I chose the latter course and -- here's the hard to believe part -- both times the pain vanished (instantly) and never returned. Both times.

I can hardly believe it happened myself and I know I'm not making it up! Obviously I have no such expectations of the rest of you.

Since then I've had other pain and once or twice it's been severe but I managed to get to a dentist or whatever and never came to that point of desperation. Still, I now feel I know for sure that pain is an ego thing, an attachment to having things your own way and not accepting what IS.

I am not exactly looking forward to testing this theory again but it is kind of encouraging to realize that "suffering is optional". The hard part is letting go of ego control and most of us (including me, to this day) refuse to do this easily. I'd say that almost everybody is willing to suffer a great deal of pain rather than give up what we think of as control. Of course, it can't possibly BE control and we are just fooling ourselves but we are willing to endure a lot rather than challenge the illusion.

This all happened before I came across Sarno and probably explains why I have had really spectacular success with several problems: back pain, fibromyalgia and more. I can usually just say to it (the pain), "Get lost, I know what you are. You're a big, fat head trip" and it's gone. For a long time, usually months, and if/when it returns it is fairly easy to shoo away again. Not always, but usually.

My big problem these days is rarely pain, but I still have trouble sleeping -- bad nightmares whenever I am stressed out and nasty repetitive dreams almost every night. So, far I don't know how to get rid of these. The idea that tms is caused by living in the future has promise, for sure. I have, all my life, tried to constantly change for the better. I can keep my brain busy "improving" and "being useful" and "helping" during the day but at night I'm just never good enough. No stinking wonder I have bad dreams.

"It's worth considering that tms is not a treatment but rather an unfolding of the self, and a way of living as an emotionally aware and engaged soul." Plum

Edited by - njoy on 03/11/2013 03:34:24
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  23:22:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just sat with a friend's corpse for 3 days (really! d-d-d-don't ask!) and in the plane on the way back from Texas I read an Anthony de Mello book I had bought at San Francisco airport, which has a great bookstore. It was called Meditations on Love, and I read it cover to cover and felt incredibly free afterwards. Highly recommended.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  23:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful post njoy. Such a powerful experience. I really enjoyed reading it. Have you read the power of now? Your experience is close to what Tolle describes in that book.
Go to Top of Page

Sylvia

199 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  04:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

I just sat with a friend's corpse for 3 days (really! d-d-d-don't ask!) and in the plane on the way back from Texas I read an Anthony de Mello book I had bought at San Francisco airport, which has a great bookstore. It was called Meditations on Love, and I read it cover to cover and felt incredibly free afterwards. Highly recommended.

Love is the answer, whatever the question

http://calltolovemeditations.blogspot.com/

ps, also look to the right side of the page and you will have even more content. A real treasure, free for the taking.

Edited by - Sylvia on 03/12/2013 04:15:29
Go to Top of Page

njoy

Canada
188 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  17:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Alix, that's very encouraging. Yes, I read the Power of Now a few years ago. I didn't relate my experience to it, though. Will have to take another look.

Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  00:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
njoy, you truly experienced a shift from thinking to awareness, a dissolution of the ego. This is a perfect illustration of Tolle's famous quote: "As long as you make an identity for yourself out of pain, you cannot be free of it"
Go to Top of Page

njoy

Canada
188 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  01:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the good news is that I know it's doable (in extreme circumstances) and the bad news is that it leaves me with a longing for a different type of reality that part of me would much prefer to live in but another part resists with all its strength.

Are you saying that what we think of as our "self" is the identity Tolle refers to? We created it out of our pain. Makes sense to me.

Edited by - njoy on 03/13/2013 01:06:04
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000