TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The 2 biggest errors in using my method
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  07:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first is not using the affirmations like I describe. Using them as best as you can repeadelty EVERY time your having symptoms or psychologicaly bothered and around sleep. Its good to think of the words, but just saying them mindlessly also works. We sometimes feel we can accomplish the goal of relaxation by just "relaxing" which in my experience, although maybe helpful, is never suffiecient. I would NOT have recovered if I did not do this, even if I did everything else on my list. Sometime it feels "boring, or its not important." It is the most important. Sometime because we dont get the immediate result you think "this doesnt work", but it does, only over time though. This is #1 error.

The second is impatience. We think we that we should be able to heal quick. I dont understand this logic especially since it took years to get to the state you are currently at. Acutally if I see you tell me you are cured in a couple months, I am very, very suspcious that you only had a placebo cure, which is very, very common among people who treat themselves with the TMS mode of treatment. I see that if someone doesnt get a result in 3 weeks they are searching all over to try and see if there is anything else that will cure them and this never works. You may say well, how would I know if what your saying is right? How do i know Im on the right track? Well, the only way to see this is to at least give it 3 months, and ask yourself - Am I in anyway(in the big picture) better or the same? If the answer is slightly better, than your doing it right, if not then there maybe something your missing. I actually think those keys I wrote can help everyone, but it defientely takes a lot of time. I hope this helps.

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  07:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ace, what affirmations did you use? What sorts of affirmations are, in your opinion, most effective?
Go to Top of Page

All1Spirit

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  08:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn

I posted this question last week on affirmations and did not receive much of a reply...which makes me wonder if people are using these tools?

"Around and Around the Circle We Go....
The Answer Sits In The Middle and Knows..."
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  08:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also think that if you somehow can convince yourself to believe in the mindbody diagnosis, you can heal much much faster. Tell yourself, convince yourself, make yourself, take a leap of faith and believe that your symptoms is emotionally based. If you can take away the doubt, Ace1's method will work wonder for you.

Just my opinion.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  08:20:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Number 10 on my keys tells you the 2 affirmations I used the most which I do think apply universally, unless you have some special situation. Here they are - My main affirmations were "I take my time, forgive and let go easily" and "I'm calm relaxed, patient and confident". The second one I used the most. Use the one the applies the most to the particular siutation.
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  08:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure also when doing in pain or for other reasons, your doing it like a broken record for a while, not just like 2 times
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  08:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guys affirmations are awesome-you have to understand anything you think is an affirmation-if im mad at someone-then the affirmation im putting into my body is a negative affirmation-if i look in the mirror and think im not that great of a guy-then thats the affirmation.
see everything you think is an affirmation
heres the ones thats great to use and ace told me to use them
im calm,confident-relaxed and at peace
i forgive and let go easily
i have lots of affirmations i use all day like im confident-im beutiful-i can do all things
but see we are tuned into all these negative affirmations like
whats wrong-im never good enough-i cant stop thinking this way
im a loser
all we have to do is start to love ourselves more
but weve been trained in the school of negativity-we have to reverse this hurt
bless you all
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  08:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Eric is right on, negatve thoughts are negative affirmations, you are overcoming all of that. See how Eric uses them all day and he is doing great, that is what I want for everyone on here.

Edited by - Ace1 on 02/12/2013 08:54:27
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  09:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know it never occurred to me that everything I think is an affirmation. That is something to ponder over for sure because right now many negative thoughts are flooding my mind. I guess the positive affirmation counters these negative ones and that is why each person resorts to affirmations particular to their own situation.
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  09:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“The mind is everything. What you think you become.”
Buddha.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

chickenbone

Panama
398 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  12:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Ace is right. Affirmations had a lot to do with my healing. You have to use them constantly, especially in situations that you know may trigger your TMS symptoms. I had to constantly monitor my internal reactions to everything. In fact, the affirmations became sort of a chant for me. I had had some experience with the effectiveness of chanting to keep out negative thoughts. I substituted the sayings in the chant with specific affirmations. When you are not paying attention, your mind can be up to something that will do you in. It really takes hard work. Some of you might try chanting or putting some of them to music so you can sing them, or even create a recording.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  12:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, how about this to the tune of of the chorus of "You are my sunshine"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83B6eB4vq0Y

Oh, I am healthy,
Yes, really healthy,
And I am whole within my mind.
I accept myself dear,
So be of good cheer,
I'm a good and loving husband all the time.

Edited by - shawnsmith on 02/12/2013 13:07:15
Go to Top of Page

chickenbone

Panama
398 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  15:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn, that is fabulous. I had no idea that you had such talent!!
really enjoyed it - I may use it myself. I am delighted!!
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  15:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL -- If it works, then do it. But talent? Meh!
Go to Top of Page

alix

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  18:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
We think we that we should be able to heal quick. I dont understand this logic

I agree but those expectations have been fed by a few books with titles such as "Pain Free for Life: The 6-Week Cure for Chronic Pain".
I am glad that Steve-O's and Dr.James Alexander's books do not fall in that trap and present realistic expectations.
Go to Top of Page

chickenbone

Panama
398 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  19:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Alix. healing takes time and hard work. I have been set back by syrupy positive thinking because of some books, like The Secret for example. I am very grateful for the serious, realistic authors.
Go to Top of Page

dgreen97

122 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2013 :  14:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i dont like the books that make it look like in 6 weeks you're going to be cured. because then when the 6 week mark hits and you're not, you start getting scared its something else. pain free for life says in 6 weeks you'll be cured and if not then theres something else wrong.

anyway, as far as saying affirmations, should you say them out loud or can you just think them in your head over and over? and im assuming its all the time throughout the day, especially when you're having fear about the pain correct? for instance, if going for a walk at night i feel eyestrain aching i should immediately start the affirmations in my head?
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2013 :  19:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes you can repeat in your head over and over. There is an aspect to them that really does help over time. Also try to take control of your mind and stop straining to your life and the chores of daily living. Act like your fine and take things slower. When you feel eye strain at night it is usually because of anticipation of the next day at work. So you think of why you may possibly be hyped up. Then try to not let it effect you and start using the affirmations
Go to Top of Page

dgreen97

122 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  14:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think you're right ace, at night when my pain symptoms are higher there is fear there that im going to have to deal with this all over again tomorrow at work. im trying to desensitize myself to that fear but so far haven't been very successful
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  14:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dg, remember this is a very slow process and you get better with practice. Don't be discouraged. If you continue with this at some point you will get the hang of it, it just takes a lot of practice. , Try breathing excercises also with the white mist visualization. You can even imagine breathing out a darker mist as if the tension is leaving.
Go to Top of Page

dgreen97

122 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  08:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey ace,

yeah i tried the white mist visualization somewhat last night. visualized breathing in white mist that calmed my body. im also doing the affirmations each day now. the two im using are like you said:

1. i am calm, relaxed and patient
2. i forgive and let go easily

i think i just left out one word on the first affirmation (confident), is that ok to do?

another thing im doing now is that im setting time limits on how much i can look up stuff about anxiety and TMS. i've been talking to art a lot too and im doing both affirmations and focusing on the breath to counteract anxiety.

you mentioned at night when im worried about the next day and being in pain. the other major problem im having is when i wake up and im in pain. this morning for instance i woke up and my eyes were already tight and achy so that doesn't set me up for a great outlook on the day. my first thoughts are "i just woke up and my eyes are already hurting, and im worried about dealing with it the rest of the day at work while im at the computer". how do you combat this?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000