TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How I found Dr. Sarno
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caroline

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  14:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading about other people's experience and discovery of the TMS theory, I thought I'd share my own story: I had been suffering from numerous ailments (back pain, stomach pain, dizziness, headaches and finally neck pain) for about 3 years when my husband finally pointed out that his own excruciating back pain (supposedly due to a herniated disk)had completely vanished the day he signed his divorce papers (from his previous wife, not me!). I remember thinking "oh my God, what if this was all mental!" then I started searching the web and bookstores for alternative theories and..bingo! Found Dr. sarnos' book. Reading the description of TMS patients, it was as if I had finally found ME after all these years! Ironically, my husband is a bit dubious about Dr. Sarno's theories, yet he was the one who pointed me in the right direction!

Allan

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  17:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post!

It really is amazing how Dr. Sarno's diagnosis applies to so many cases and how interesting they all are.

Allan.
Go to Top of Page

Jackie

27 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  18:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Caroline
My neurologist told me to read Dr. Sarno's book...he said it "cured" his herniated disc. I have leg pain that has limited my activity. Doctors diagnosed this as arthritis.( 8 years ago) I never really believed that it was.To me it seemed that I didn't have enough "wear and tear" to account for the pain.It has been about three weeks (since I read the book) and my leg pain has diminished. I am still limping...but not as bad and I have days that are really good. I am finding that the pain moves around ( arthritis in the hip joint does not manifest in the shins and knees!) and there has been a marked improvement. I was taking 600 mg of motrin 2x a day ! during the past three weeks I have only taken a 400mg dose two times. I am a "goodist"..no doubt about it. I am convinced that this is working. Thank you to those who answered my questions..that helped me to fill in the blanks.

Jackie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000