TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moo

1 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  09:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just discovered this site today, and I am completely intrigued. My husband has 5 herniated discs and is in constant pain. Psychologically, he seems to fit the profile in that he stuffs his emotions constantly. We have had much emotional trauma, including the death of our 12 year old daughter last October.

Because there is much info on TMS, I'd like your suggestions on what books to read, and in what order. Where do we begin, and where do we go?

Thank you so much. I'm anxious to get started and help this poor man get some relief.

goodguy

26 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  10:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would start with healing back pain by Dr. Sarno.
Go to Top of Page

austingary

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  20:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sarno book for your husband is "The MindBody Prescription", Sarno's latest.

Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  21:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would second AustinGary's recommendation. Healing back pain isn't as current.
Go to Top of Page

JoeW

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  22:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually preferred Healing Back Pain, though I read MindBody Prescription first.

You can't go wrong with either of them - so don't worry too much if one is more readily available.
Go to Top of Page

Allan

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  19:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Sarno’s books are, undoubtedly, the best place to start. Another book by Fred Amir, Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain is also helpful. Dr. Sarno explains the cause of the pain and how important this knowledge is. Fred Amir, credits Dr. Sarno, describes his own ordeal which all of us can relate to, and goes on to offer practical suggestions that one may do, such as setting short-term and long-term goals.

Allan
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  21:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moo,
Here's what I would recommend. Since your husband has herniated discs, ask him to read Healing Back Pain first . He will be able to identify more with the content since Sarno talks about this particular problem in great detail. It is also very powerful in its simplicity.

Next, I would order the Mind Body Prescription video which is even better than the book. Sarno presents all his information in the form of a lecture which is the same lecture he uses to treat his patients in New York. He presents his lectures to a group of patients who have all recovered from pretty serious problems. The video is a bit expensive but in my opinion extremely effective and worth every cent.

After that if your husband feels this is a path that he would like to persue, he can get Fred Amir's book which details a very good step by step treatment programme which Sarno's books do not provide.

Hope the information is useful

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000