TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Help from the opposition : Swollen nodes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  15:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TMSers!

So my pain came back and spread...and I'm on the phone to My MD assuming it HAS to be an infection(I worked in a building all week that was horribly mold infested..literally piled up on top of every door casing and growing on the walls)

But....As I'm on hold I'm scanning the internet and I end up on a FYBROMYALGIA symptom page.Besides all of the usual TMS equivalents(irritable bowel,valve prolapse,TMJ) it has Swollen lymph nodes!!

And..I get them fairly often...

so now I have a dilemma....my throat is hurting,my doc is prescribing anti-biotics assuming I have an infection from the mold,but part of me is thinking it's just another TMS manifestation....

It's tough..I have to work in some pretty nasty places(like sticking my grill behind disgusting toilets to paint behind them)...I want this to go away,but I don't want the gremlin to be pulling another fast one on me!!

ideas??

could use some input.

thanks

peace peas piece P's(and Q's)

Baseball65

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  17:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball,

I just took some anti-biotics for some lingering congestion I couldn't shake for several months. I feel 100% now. My TMS mood has not been so great for the last few months. I feel my immune system has therefore slipped a bit. I finally bit the bullet and saw my beloved family doc for that along with a consultaion on some other health issues such as regular prostate testing. I took the prescibed dosage for a few days and the congestion is gone and my energy is back up to par.

I don't buy into the concern about mold and most of the other, "the sky is falling," environmental scare tactics perpetuated by the ratings hungry media. I've contacted many so called toxics restoring old buildings and cars and feel I'm pretty healthy. I wouldn't deliberatly eat the stuff or wallow in it. Maybe wear a dust mask. I'm a lot more concerend about nuclear terrorism.
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  21:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom.

You know,I took the first dose of the stuff(antibiotic) and it seemed to kick in fairly quick..I've always responded well to them when I have had a real infection.I went from feeling like a turd this morning(really sleepy/weak and hurting to swallow) to actually playing ball this evening...usually a sign that there was a bacterial deal.

Right now the only thing I can surmise is that my defenses were compromised by my emotional state.Here in TN. was the first time I ever have had to pay any mind to this kind of stuff.

I know the media has WAY overblown the mold deal,but some of these buildings we work in have been water damaged and empty for months and years....you can literally see the stuff growing on the walls like a lichen in National Geographic! and then when I'm up painting over the jambs,it looks like a loaf of bread that was left for a month in a steamy kitchen.I have to brush it away to paint,and the stuff swirls around us in the air.Who knows? it could have been another bacteria altogether

I do NOT believe these celebrity stories about a little water damage causing months and months of illness...Ed McMahon comes to mind.

The other guys at work were all coming down with the funk as well....I just thought I could "Hay" it away,but at least I went a week from the first discomfort to the meds....last year I would have gone to the doc at the first twinge.Also,I'm bleeding in the ears again(just found blood all over the q-tip)

Sticking my mug in dirty/bathroom/old buildings has always been a problem....I got strep working at the Ambassador hotel in LA(where RFK was shot)...Nobody else had it,so I assume I just got the wrong room...these old dirty places have all kinds of little chingaderas' piled in the corners and jambs....it's just an occupational hazard.

On a different note,I have an appointment with a Bankruptcy attorney on Monday...I spent the week preparing all my paperwork and info.I got all that advice from everybody,so I did not delay...the new laws won't apply to people who have filed before it becomes law,and it's still on the way to congress,than the president,and than 6 months to become law.

I do NOT feel good about doing it and have written and "sarno-ized" my feelings about it.I think deep down I feel guilty and ashamed,like I could have managed better....I used to be so "proud" of my perfect credit history

Now I've been spending the weekend deciding what I want to keep...I can protect $4k in assets and that includes furniture/cars/appliances...

funny...I don't even have kitchen chairs or a couch(we eat on the outdoor deck chairs(my wife's not too happy about that)...I guess I'll keep one guitar,my baseball stuff and a couple grand.They get to auction off the rest.....ahhhh...it's only stuff.....they can't take away my brain or Sarno!!

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  07:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning baseball-I can hear your misery in your financial situation. I've sure been there. It's been about 16 years ago and it was a very stressful and terrible experience. I didn't file bankruptcy but I should have. We lost our home,vehicle,credit and self-.esteem. I,too,prided myself in my good credit and my survival ability,always being able to pull the rabit out of a hat. All of a sudden I hit a wall. I just want to tell you the main thing this experience will do for you is give you alot of strength. The credit is repairable,the stuff is replaceable,and your self esteem will rebound and be higher because of your ability to come thru this in one piece.Keep in mind,you are still in control.It took me about 5 years to repair my credit and I'm fine financially. I also learned alot about finances and how to hopefully not repeat my mistakes. Financial problems do not place a stigma on us,they are simply one of life's little setbacks but at least they are fixable unlike things such as some illnesses. You are smart and a survivor and will be fine. Just keep your sense of humor.
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  08:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I didn't file bankruptcy but I should have.

Hi Susie...you're the 2nd person who told me that this week.

We have these support groups from church,and one of the guys who I respect a lot said the same thing.....he didn't do it and ate 30K worth of credit debt from a spouse he was no longer with.

I appreciate the moral support...I can't think of a more TMS inspiring external .....I used to feel so confident and sure about my ability to throw the touchdown pass with 40 seconds on the clock in the shadow of my own end zone.

Funny...I debated doing it 5 months ago,and then decided it was quitting and re-tooled my finances..

Than...I get a credit card bill and the company arbitrarily raised my rate to 25% !!!!

Now my monthly payment that was chipping away at the balance was only paying ther interest!!

I called them and asked why they did this(from 7.9%)...they said "we checked your credit and determined you are a higher risk because of all the credit you have extended"....

I told them: "Well...I never missed or was late on a payment...now you've pushed me to where I can only pay off the interest"

they said: "sorry...is there anything else we can do to provide you with excellent service?"

so...they sort of forced my hand...I make about 12-1600 a month down from the same amount per week! I have been sending virtually 90% of my income to them,and now that would only cover the interest....I'm essentially working for them.

The good-ist in me did NOT want to do this..and perhaps that is why I am so distraught...many of my friends have done it...but ...that's them.

On a side note,I feel 100% better today....I guess I really did have an infection....I suppose my immune system decided I needed punishment...guilt always seeks punishment.

thanks for the support

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  13:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball-just thought I'd mention this and I'm not sure if things still work this way. Credit cards are also what put me over the edge with the rising interest rate. If you become too late and go into "charge off" you will still wreck your credit but you can renegotiate with the credit card co. and repay them monthly with something you can afford minus all interest. That's what I did. For the life of me,I couldn't understand why they were not so agreeable before they wrecked my credit. At least they could have got some interest. Maybe they sell these charge offs at a discount and get some tax break. I am not an astute finance person. I rebuilt my credit slowly and it's not that difficult. Small car loan at high interest for about a year and then regular loan from a bank etc. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  18:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball,

I hope you see this before tomorrow. I just read your post and I mentioned your situation to my husband. He helps people with credit challenges (he just became a loan officer a few months ago). His first question to me was "Does he own a house?" In order to get you out of trouble, you would need to own your home. An appraisal would be done on your home to determine how much equity you have. His second question was "What state does he live in?" His company is licensed in quite a few states but there are some states, like Texas, which they do not have a license. If you are interested, please respond back here and I'll give you his cell and/or work number. The company he works for is called First Nationwide Lending. I have seen first hand what my husband can do for people. He has shown me e-mails from people who were about to lose their homes. They have written him, thanking him for saving their lives. He's a really good guy and he will be honest with you and tell you what to do. I hope this helps and I hope you read this before tomorrow!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Michele

249 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  09:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear about your troubles BB. You are a strong, strong person and will bounce back better than ever, and you KNOW that in your heart.

On the bankruptcy stuff, I am a paralegal and work with creditors almost daily on bankruptcies. You can probably keep alot more than you think. If you want to keep your car, your attorney should work with the creditors so you only pay for the cram down value. (Ex: You owe $20,000 and cram down value is $8,000.) Everything else, credit cards, medical bills, unsecured debt, is basically written off. Don't fall for any offers from the credit card companies to get a small line of credit to "help" you. You will be able to borrow money again eventually, maybe at a higher interest rate, but in time that will lower as well. Filing bankruptcy isn't as much a stigma as you may think - at least in the eyes on the general public. As far as a personal setback for you, like I said before, you are a strong person and you KNOW you can get through this.

Good luck, we're all pulling for you!
Go to Top of Page

Baseball65

USA
734 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  15:41:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Michele.

Thanks so much for that vote of confidence.

I actually own my car outright,but am in imminent need of a new one...the one I'm driving is in it's "golden years" and is one major repair away from being a non-entity.It's worth is about 500 bucks.

The meeting with the attorney went well....she assured me after looking through all my paperwork that I was the type of person who the laws were written for...income loss,medical bills(kids have no insurance)loss of benefits and spiraling interest rates.

She said my case was sort of an easy one as I have never abused the system(bought myself expensive things,lived large") and that I do not have the resources to work my way out...In fact...after I sat with her and went over my paystubs,I found I make less money than I guessed...and I didn't figure in the taxes!!(I'm NOW an 'independent contractor'...I have to pay 100% of my FICA and SS)

Funny...all my 'symptoms' seem to have abated since I met with her.I brought way more paper than she needed(LOL! a true TMSer) and disclosed everything down to my baseball gloves!!

I felt a lot better,and she assured me I wasn't abusing the system..I was sort of hung up in the morality issue,guilt,guilt,guilt, and a little shame for topping.

I did mention that I was going to need a new car soon,and she made some sort of notation on her notes??? What was that??

anyways...off to Baseball practice!

thanks everyone for your help

peace

Baseball65
Go to Top of Page

Michele

249 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  19:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad the meeting went well for you. Lawyers seem to get a bad reputation, but I've worked with them for 25 years and I'll be the first one to go to bat for them! (Like that "baseball" reference!) Most of us in the legal profession just want to help people.

Sounds like you have a good attorney. Bankruptcy does get abused, but the majority of people just got caught in bad times out of their control.

Glad you are feeling better. See? You're strong, you'll get through this and to heck with pain, right?

Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  20:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi BB65,

Be sure to finish the entire Rx of anti-biotics, even though you might think you do not need to because you are feeling better. It takes the full course of treatment to kill off the all the little buggers, otherwise you will end up with a mutated secondary infection..

Take care, -Stryder
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  03:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that things are going better for you now, Baseball65. Don't let guilt get to you about this - credit card companies and banks are making obscene profits over here in the UK anyway, and I don't suppose it's any different in the US. They do all they can to get people in their clutches and then turn their backs if things get difficult.

As the others say you are a strong person - that comes through loud and clear in your thoughtful and helpful posts - what you say always, 'hits the spot'.

Very best wishes

Anne
Go to Top of Page

Laura

USA
655 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  08:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball,

Glad to hear it all went okay. Ditto on what everyone else says. You seem to handle everything that comes your way beautifully. This is just one minor hurdle for you. I'm also glad to hear your symptoms are clearing up.

Laura
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000