TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Help, I'm slipping backwards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Layla

6 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  13:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been doing really well with my pain and fear of injury but in the last few days it seems to be creeping back and I have major soreness in my right hand from typing. I am reading info every day and journalling every day. Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Layla

pault

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  16:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes your nuts,like the rest of us!Just kidding.How many times have you read the book(s)? Your brain is very clever and does not give up too easily,as it is not unusual to have set backs.Just keep believing things are psycological and not physical.keep reading.Feel good soon, Paul.
Go to Top of Page

Susie

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  18:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to go Paul,you gave me the biggest laugh I've had all week. Most of my friends would second your notion. But to Layla- this is totally predictable tms. It will constantly test you and I don't mean for just a few weeks. Believe in your diagnosis and follow Paul's instructions. Just keep reading until you feel confident you are correct and don't get shook. You will be fine.
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  21:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee, I must be nuts too!

Like everyone has replied TMS will keep re-testing you, trying to find another way in. Even those of us who have had great recoveries slip back and forth at times. I got back from a wonderfuil vacation last week, and the first few days "back on the job" were nightmare, and I had TMS popping up all over the place.

Keep the faith, -Stryder
Go to Top of Page

n/a

374 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  03:19:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a very good point, Stryder - your TMS gremlin does keep popping up even when someone has made a great recovery. It will try new ways with something you have never had before and attempt to throw up things that you used to have ages ago, but haven't experienced for years - as Pault says, your brain is very clever and, unfortunately, not always your best friend! (The older I get and the better I understand this TMS - the more Freudian I become)

That's one of the reasons that I, and others who have recovered really well, still read and post here.

The creeping back you describe, Layla, is something that most, if not all of us, recognise. Don't worry about why it happens - it wil happen less and less as you move along the road to recovery.

Anne

Edited by - n/a on 03/15/2005 04:34:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000