TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Irreversible damage by pushing through RSI pain?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  05:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JA1928

I really appreciate all the time that everyone has put into helping me. I now have a better grasp of things. This morning I read a journal entry that I made the day before the pain started. I commented how stressed at work I was feeling, and how much I just wanted the stress to end. For about a month before the pain, I had a strong gut feeling that something "bad" was going to happen if I didn't stop the pace I was going at. Since I am relatively young, I ignored the feeling. Since then, I have someone working in my place, and fortunately I still have money to pay the bills. There still is work for me to do, but not nearly the amount that I was doing before the pain started.
I have decided that come Wednesday, I am going to work as if I never had the pain. I figure a week will be a sufficient amount of time to see if it is really TMS. I understand there is a short period when your body revs up the pain. If after a week the pain is still worse, maybe I am one of the exceptions to the rule and there really is something physically wrong.... Or does it sometimes takes longer than a week for our pain to start to get better?
By the way, I checked into Steve O's book-good stuff. Thanks for everything.

its the bottled up emotions-the re-actions we think about
and the reactions we do-you have the answers-
do everything steve says-and sarno says
and ace1 says-you have the tools
but just waiting will not heal you
you have some tms work to do

Edited by - eric watson on 01/01/2013 06:03:34
Go to Top of Page

barberboy

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  05:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this will help you JA1928 but I too am struggling with "tennis elbow" & "golfers elbow". It's been hanging around for quite some time but I only have one bit of advice for you; keep on working it out. Don't stop moving your elbow. I know it's hard but you have to overcome your fear of pain. I've been pounding the hell out of it for over 6 months now & you know what? It hasn't gotten any worse. I'm lifting heavy weights in the gym & about 90% of the time, I can't even feel the pain. Once I stop lifting, the pain comes back (conditioning).
I hope this helps.
Keep the faith.
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4749 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  14:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, USE IT OR LOSE IT! Docs only see you once a year or less, or never again, in new age assembly line medicine, helped along by a radiology report from India. They feel they have to put the fear of G-d into you like they're your mother and it's your first day riding alone on the school bus.

JA, don't count the days to recovery, there's a TMS name for that "CALLENDARING EFFECT", "HEALING COMES GRADUALLY, VERY GRADUALLY..." SteveO. Sleep on it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000