TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A lesson in stressors and acceptance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  13:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you know how our repressed emotions can cause pain right
but you also know our current stressors keep the pain boiling too right
so in the back of your mind you think its arthritus or what ever the cause may be thats causing pain .
but you keep on getting up and doing your chores and moving and thats critical
but what if you really accepted that it was the current stessors now
thats keeping the you in pain ,i know it seems to be impossible to rid ourselves
of all of our current worries,but what if we were to look at them like small blessings in disguise
like the traffic stressor that led you to see you just made it thru a car wreck-now isnt this a way to change your acceptance to
im gonna be happy that this has happened because god has showed me that he has his angels
watching over me-or if you have another higher power
see after i got the repressed memories all out-i still had slight back pain
i would write on the tms help forum about being around 90% but i just couldnt figure
what it was that was keeping me held back and since sarno had said that basicly nothing
in the back other than cancer was going to be causing me pain i just knew that i had to be missing something
it was the current stressors and how i was reacting to them- and i thought how am i going to not worry about current events and
situations as they arise-then i learnt about mindfullness and awareness-and i would catch myself starting to worry about
something that i thought about/ Then i would look at it in another way like instead of looking at the problem, look at the solution and so forth
and accepting that its going to be ok and i dont have to worry-be concerned yes-but this worry-this dread that ive done a lot in
life no,
then when things really got tense like my dog roxie got her bellie ripped open by my sisters dogs and i had to look at her eyes and sadness in those eyes-it almost took control of me-i almost had a full pain attack-
i could feel it building and i said ,NO- Roxies going to be ok and i forced myself to think in the now and accept that she was going to be fine and i didnt have to hurt in order to be concerned-it was one of the hardest lessons ive ever learned but at that time of doubt and despair i learnt the final key in my suffering thru roxies suffering-
her eyes said its ok herbie dont worrie-its ok-and i felt like i had let her doun -i felt like i wasnt there for her
and i caught myself looking at someone much stronger than me-
i thought why cant i have her courage-and i heard a voice that said (YOU CAN)
so i decided right then and there that i had to stop the negative thinking-it was about to take its toll -
and i decided to think its going to be ok for roxie-this might look like shes not going to live-but shes going to live
thats me telling me those bad thoughts-i cant do that to myself no more-
roxie taught me an invalueable lesson that day-what i thought was impossible-is possible
i can decide on what im going to focus on and redirect my thoughts as i please...
.....see i still get mad.....i still have negative things happen to me......i still have those same concerns(worries)
but its how i (accept) them now-how i decide to (accept) them -that makes the difference
see if you knew a plate of food was going to make you sick if you ate it -then would you eat it-
its the same with our thoughts -when we think about a bad thought then we need to know right then and there thats its going to make us hurt or sick and change how were going to react to that thought thru (accepting) that i can do this-its as easy as i want it to be.....
now this does take practice but i know you get the concept

now this is not all the steps but it is another view of acceptance

Edited by - eric watson on 12/20/2012 13:43:40

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  15:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post Eric. I think it explains it very well
Go to Top of Page

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  15:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you so much ace-i really cant put into words the rage and terror i felt that day,but my little friend showed me a better way...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000